UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Is Zachary Lauzon committed to UNB?? Saw Findlay said it who is ussually good but is also the one who reported Raaymakers to UNB

Last edited:

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Surprising pick up for UNB. He didn't play a game last year due to concussion issues. A very risky addition. High reward though.
If he is still not able to play, then he doesn't use up a roster slot at UNB. So not really that big a risk. If he can play, then huge upside ...

Reactions: Rob

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
That's why Gardiner calls these recruits "high risk", as sometimes there is a high risk they'll get an AHL contract and UNB is plan B.

In the cause of Lauzon, I could see it working out where he plays 1 season at UNB -- kind of a conditioning/developmental stint -- and then goes to WBS.

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
University will announce Soon. Hancock and Salinitri were unb top Forward targets are unb missed. You don’t see that often. I expect Harvey at unb though unless AHL deal happens

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
BC [2008/09]
Maine [2008/09]
Providence [2010/11]
Union [2007/08]
Have all been to the AUC, back in 2008-10??

Yes - they all could come back. The time limit for any International travel by an NCAA program is once every 5 years (so basically an athlete would only have the chance to travel once in their carrier)

It's expensive as you have to cover their costs and appearance money.

Even harder today with all of the Christmas tournaments going on in the warm south during Christmas. They also have the same AUS travel rule where they can not travel internationally during the Fall and Winter hockey schedule - so that leaves early Fall and Christmas.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
As Victor Findlay already reported there is a rumor of a couple of recruits heading to UNB.

Kyle Maksimovich and Samuel Harvey.

Maksimovich is an over a point a game player that is a bit on the smaller side. Might remind us of Matthew Boucher.
Harvey has amazing numbers in the Q. Keeping my fingers cross but I just can see him getting a substantial pro offer.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
If they can land those two + Lauzon...and then add another forward or two this summer while leaving space for Christmas, I would be quite happy with that.

With regards to Harvey, he didn’t put up great numbers at the Memorial Cup so maybe that is hurting his pro interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->