UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Boucher has been reassigned to the Colorado Eagles (AHL)...their training camp begins the 24th.

Looks like Simpson (WSH) survived the first round of cuts.

Last edited:

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Unb with tough lost yesterday vs Rams 4-3, while outshooting them 46-23.

Garrett Forrest was outstanding in net for Rams

Unb has best collection of Forward in USports however they due have some flaws this year compare to others in past including team toughness and goaltending

Losing Lewis, Willick and Thomas this year will be sorely missed as they all added extreme value in team toughness.

Yesterday Rams were running around hammering UNB with big hits including couple of monster ones from Rams Rookie Zachary Shankar

Unb is still in League of its own but will team toughness be downfall of this team, this year???

And could it be year of Rams In oua finally? Can’t wait to see what this year brings in USPORTS

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
That was my thought as well with the loss of those grinders. UNB has a lot of skill players, but lacks the gritty players. A hard working team can perhaps manhandle them a bit without consequences, barring penalties. Their guys will have to learn to play thru that. I'm sure they will.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
That was my thought as well with the loss of those grinders. UNB has a lot of skill players, but lacks the gritty players. A hard working team can perhaps manhandle them a bit without consequences, barring penalties. Their guys will have to learn to play thru that. I'm sure they will.

I agree. With their speed, grit and experience (and scoring ability) Willick, Thomas and Lewis might have been the best energy/shut down line in USports last year.

After watching the 2nd McGill game I thought the Redmen were taking liberties against UNB they never would have tried last season.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I agree. With their speed, grit and experience (and scoring ability) Willick, Thomas and Lewis might have been the best energy/shut down line in USports last year.

After watching the 2nd McGill game I thought the Redmen were taking liberties against UNB they never would have tried last season.

At the same time I thought UNB was too undisciplined last season. They relied on their stellar PK unit way too much. It finally caught up to them in the semi-finals against X. So as long as they avoid stupid retaliatory penalties I'm not too worried.

Remember Alberta was considered too small last season as well.

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Honestly, I would much rather have more skill/scoring as opposed to size/toughness.

You need combination to win in usports and mcgill and ryerson expose unb weakness this year and some Aus teams will take some liberties at UNB expense (toughness questions) I did notice over 4 games a lot whining about physical play that other team’s were giving unb players during those games.

I still believe unb is front runner in aus however it wouldn’t surprise me if another team wins aus

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Does anyone know what the deal with Dubeau is? Is he healthy? I haven't heard a word about what his situation is

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
I don't know what the problem is, but I sat a few seats away from him and his girlfriend for both the McGill games. He seemed fine, smiling and watching the game intently. My guess - a pulled groin - the dreaded 'lower body injury', but that's just a guess. There's nothing you can do with that injury but wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad