UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
There is no way this will be the team that we see in March. Even if everything goes even better than expected from now until Christmas, I still see them adding a player or two for depth alone. However, guys who become available at Christmas are typically high-end guys.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Surprised to see Dubeau got the start in PEI. Hopefully Parenteau gets a chance to play next week.

Anderson with two more goals tonight! I remember just two seasons ago he couldn't get regular ice time.

Nice to see Bennett get his first goal. A shorthanded one at that.

Last edited:

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
I hope Pomerleau is ok. He took a pretty nasty headshot in the third. Had to be helped off the ice.
Might have a few banged up players, Bennett also had to get some repair work.
By the looks of it Boudens was the odd man out last night? And was surprised that last nights goal by Cooper was his first, but like they said, he only played 7 games last year which also surprised me.
Last thing, I am liking Trainor in there, he's got some jump to his step.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Signed with Jacksonville of the ECHL. Doubt we will see him until Christmas if ever.
I've been watching the sites and such, and I have yet to see any mention of this, although there is not much going on with their site, but usually it lists all transactions on the echl.com website.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
It was listed on the ECHL site under transactions on October 5th. Goulet and Ryan Graham are both listed under Jacksonville as “signed contract, added to training camp roster”.

I don’t know if Graham reported as he suited up for Calgary this past weekend.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
It was listed on the ECHL site under transactions on October 5th. Goulet and Ryan Graham are both listed under Jacksonville as “signed contract, added to training camp roster”.

I don’t know if Graham reported as he suited up for Calgary this past weekend.
Yeah my computer is hating me, I don't see any transactions for Jacksonville on Oct 5th or any if I do a search. Anyway, I believe you, was just sorta holding out hope that he might show before Christmas :)

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'm expecting a very competitive game against UPEI Saturday night. They are a better team than last year. Especially offensively. Defense might be suspect but they have solid goaltending.

Hope Pormelau and/or Murphy are in the lineup or it is going to be a tough game.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Great job by the AUC crew on getting the glass replace within 15min. Thought we were going to have a longer delay.

Pomerleau still out. Hopefully it isn't a serious concussion.

I noticed that the games haven't been on CHSR this year.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Great job by the AUC crew on getting the glass replace within 15min. Thought we were going to have a longer delay.
Even despite the fall :( I guess that they just replace with a plexi glass during the game, as they require a fork lift to replace with the actual glass panel.
It was an exciting way to start the game I guess. One thing I can say is that UPEI has two solid goalies, Mahalak Saturday night and Mancina last Friday both played lights out.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Goulet with 3 points in his first game in the Coast.
I want to like your post, but can't bring myself to do it LOL. Would rather him in a UNB uniform. But, he is off to a good start in Jacksonville, noticed that Cam is on the roster but did not play opening night.

Should be a telling weekend, two big games for the Reds, Acadia and SMU, definitely will need to work to get 4 points this weekend.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
For those with long memories, Hugh Hospodar is on campus today. He lives in Ottawa now, and his daughter is touring universities. He will be at the game tonight.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Scary situation with Clapperton...obviously hopeful that it looked worse than it is, but I don’t expect to see him anytime soon. I’d be surprised to see him again this half.

Acadia had no answer all game for Bennett’s speed coming down the wing...he beat a defenseman wide on a number of occasions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prov1X

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Scary situation with Clapperton...obviously hopeful that it looked worse than it is, but I don’t expect to see him anytime soon. I’d be surprised to see him again this half.

Acadia had no answer all game for Bennett’s speed coming down the wing...he beat a defenseman wide on a number of occasions.
Sounds like he is going to be ok, been told he has a bad concussion. You are probably right, he will be out for a while. Bennett looked great last night, he definitely has some wheels on him.
I will go on record, minus a couple of calls, the pair of officials that did the game last night, did a good job. I thought Maaskant was lucky he only got a two and ten at the end, he had his glove off throwing punches.

rethinking

Mar 4, 2013
Once again, Gardiner seems to have done a great job of recruiting after a major loss of players, both number wise and talent wise.
Looking at this year's roster, I wonder if any junior team has contributed more players over the last ten years than the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles?

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Once again, Gardiner seems to have done a great job of recruiting after a major loss of players, both number wise and talent wise.
Looking at this year's roster, I wonder if any junior team has contributed more players over the last ten years than the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles?
Talent wise I agree with you, numbers wise, they still have three vacancies and if one more player gets hurt, sick or suspended, they are not able to dress a full lineup. I know there are lots of rumors of player(s) coming in possibly for the second half, but with Clapperton on the shelf for what looks like a while, there is zero room for injuries and such. Maybe the guys will like it, knowing that they are going to be in the lineup each night instead of wondering if they are in the stands watching. The talent is there though!

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Notice that Goulet is averaging a goal a game in the ECHL (5 games - 5 goals - 3 assists), so I can't see him leaving at Christmas to head to Fredericton. Not sure who else is out there to pick up, should be interesting. Haven't heard much on the progress of Clapperton, hopefully he is starting to feel better.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Interesting....can’t imagine it is anything recruit-related.

I’m going to guess that it either has to do with the coaching staff or they added another exhibition game over Christmas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->