Post-Game Talk: Umm... is Raanta ready to be the backup? Hawks fall to Bolts 6-5 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
That sucked. Safe to say khabby isn't on crawfords tier. As mentioned by everybody...horrible game for Zeus, rozy, and the goalie.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I am still amazed by the fact we have played only one game out of 10 where we didn't get at least a point. We were absolutely gifted a point, so I can't feel too too bad.

We controlled play again most of the time but a few critical errors and old yeller in goal was the difference. I hope Crawford is ready to play alot this season, he will have to earn that big contract!

SLarmer28*

At the Tampa Bay airport:

Airline attendant: May I help you?

Joel Quenneville: Yes ... one way ticket to Moscow, please!

HawksFanTim

Jul 17, 2013
Washington DC
Don't mean to stir things up but......have the Hawks ever lost a game that wasn't "embarrasing", "pathetic", "useless", "lazy"? Seems every post on here after losses operates on the notion that we should never lose a game and the sky is always falling.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Don't mean to stir things up but......have the Hawks ever lost a game that wasn't "embarrasing", "pathetic", "useless", "lazy"? Seems every post on here after losses operates on the notion that we should never lose a game and the sky is always falling.

You should've seen our wonderful "Fire Bowman" and "Fire Q" threads

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Welcome to a message board. If everyone was just... oh well there wouldn't be any posts.

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND

To be fair, they pissed away a win tonight. I guarantee they win this game if Crawford is in. Very lucky to snag a point with that fluke goal by Toews tho.

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois

People on this board overreact. But this game, 3 players in particular were downright awful. Watching the backup play like that is scary. Oh well, still early in the season.

Nothingman*

I assume you did not watch the game tonight?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He played... what... 11 games last year??!

12 ,, But most backups around league played less or around that much

09-10 he was 7-9-2 with 3.03 GAA and .909 sv pct
10-11 he was 10-32-4 with 3.40 GAA and .890 sv pct
11-12 he was 12-20-7 with 2.65 GAA and .910 sv pct
Last year he was 4-6-1 with 2.54 GAA and .923 sv pct

Khabby has been one of the better backups in NHL the last 2 years. Once his starter days were over and he played less he improved

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
What about Ben Smith? I mean we can list some players that were poor tonight but Pirri wasn't really one of them. There were more players worthy of sucking than the fourth liners.

Sorry...my post came off wrong. I meant my question literally (i.e. i wasn't sure whether he was playing or not because i missed a lot of the game)...I wasn't being a smart ass.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN

Stop strirring things up!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Clearly you didn't follow Khabby

Did well after his time as #1 was over ,, Once he was #2 and not playing heavy load he was one of the more capable #2' s in NHL

Infact last year he was up there near Emery for top performing backups

Your support of Habby is admirable, but I think you are alone on an island on this one after tonight. Even though it is only his second game, it will be hard to move on from this one and have any comfort level at all if he is playing. .76 save percentage?

A lot of pressure on Crawford not only to perform well but to not get injured.

SLarmer28*

You wish to revisit the 2005-06 Chicago Blackhawks season?

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Well.. sort of frustrating to come home to, can't imagine how frustrating to watch. They finally get some offense and can't pull out the win. Tampa's just got the Hawks' number I guess.

But bittersweet to hear Rozsival, Handzus, and Khabi had poor games. I like the guys as people and want them to succeed, but I'm thinking their time is running out and would rather see young guys get the ice time. Get Raanta in there and let Pirri have the 2C role for a while.

I wanted to love Khabi coming back but he may just not have it anymore.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Your support of Habby is admirable, but I think you are alone on an island on this one after tonight. Even though it is only his second game, it will be hard to move on from this one and have any comfort level at all if he is playing. .76 save percentage?

A lot of pressure on Crawford not only to perform well but to not get injured.

Tonight he was awful

But I am not gonna call Khabibulin done until we see a larger sample size

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well.. sort of frustrating to come home to, can't imagine how frustrating to watch. They finally get some offense and can't pull out the win. Tampa's just got the Hawks' number I guess.

But bittersweet to hear Rozsival, Handzus, and Khabi had poor games. I like the guys as people and want them to succeed, but I'm thinking their time is running out and would rather see young guys get the ice time. Get Raanta in there and let Pirri have the 2C role for a while.

I wanted to love Khabi coming back but he may just not have it anymore.

Once Raanta shows he can play in AHL then we can start talking about him being NHL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad