Confirmed with Link: UMass LD Zac Jones to join the Rangers!

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
There are no playoffs this year. Maybe in the West division. Not anywhere else.

that sucks, then it makes me hate Quinn even more that he didn't play him for so long knowing there is no AHL games after the end of NHL season.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If a player spends a decade+ learning specific skills for a position, it requires a ton of athletic skill to replace the inherent mental edge of other players who have had a single positional focus throughout their career. I know Brent Burns and K’Andre Miller have transitioned between offense and defense, but they’re both tremendously gifted in terms of size and athleticism. The average professional player has far too many basic instincts drilled into their brain to realistically transition without major developmental setbacks.
So, you are saying that if he didnt have tons of skill he would NOT be able to pull off this transition, especially being undersized?

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
So, you are saying that if he didnt have tons of skill he would NOT be able to pull off this transition, especially being undersized?
I’m saying forwards and defensemen have very specific skill-sets and are not usually interchangeable just because of certain favorable traits.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
From what I read Schneider plays as physical as Lindgren and with more size. Miller will likely play heavier as he fills out.

Yeah, let's see how Schneider does at pro level first. He's still so young. If he can add that physicality with good skating and some puckmoving, he will replace Trouba with ease eventually.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There are no playoffs this year. Maybe in the West division. Not anywhere else.

They have the same amount of points as Nashville in fewer games and more points than Montreal. No idea why they couldn't have made the playoff in any other division. Literally only the east they're out of the race in.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They have the same amount of points as Nashville in fewer games and more points than Montreal. No idea why they couldn't have made the playoff in any other division. Literally only the east they're out of the race in.
I was talking about Hartford--there are no AHL playoffs. There was talk of the teams out West doing something but I'm not sure what happened with that.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not only mathematically, but the level of competition in those other divisions is weaker. Probably we’d have a few more wins, to boot.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good first pass out of the zone is noticeable

should I worry about his size ?
Remains to be seen. He's a little guy and self-admittedly not super mature physically. Some guys can get around that with skating and smarts. He has the smarts. The skating, eh. It's really hard to know for sure until we see more of him.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Remains to be seen. He's a little guy and self-admittedly not super mature physically. Some guys can get around that with skating and smarts. He has the smarts. The skating, eh. It's really hard to know for sure until we see more of him.

well he needs to play the rest of the year but camp will be nuts with competition. It’s not terrible if he gets some AHL time

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
He has some speed and puck handling ability but he's looked mismatched against bigger forwards against the boards. I get the sense that he's been told to keep it simple and keep his shifts short. Next season I'd like to see him strengthen up and get seasoning in the AHL.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Really jazzed for this kid.

Obviously tentative to start, leading to what were some shaky moments in his first game. But as he played more, you (or at least I) could see the confidence really starting to grow, particularly from about the start of the second period last night. Went from puck watching and out of position to holding his own on the boards and in front surprisingly well for his size, and carrying the puck with authority.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He has some speed and puck handling ability but he's looked mismatched against bigger forwards against the boards. I get the sense that he's been told to keep it simple and keep his shifts short. Next season I'd like to see him strengthen up and get seasoning in the AHL.
i haven’t seen him looking mismatched. i saw him against hayes and he did well with what he has, leveraged his stick and core. not going to say he’s ideal at his current build but i’m honestly not seeing mismatched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad