Post-Game Talk: Um, Champs vs Left Sharks, try to stay up for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
He has a touch of Seminitis.

Maybe we should do Kuzy cares! when he scores and Kuzy doesn't care! posts in the GDTs when he takes a bad stick penalty.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I feel like Kuznetsov's inconsistency issues are more related to sometimes having a lack of confidence than a lack of effort. That's what it looks like to me when he's going through his worst stretches... particularly that period in the latter half of 15-16 into the first half of 16-17. Although I think that's less of a problem now that he's fully adapted to the NHL.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I feel like Kuznetsov's inconsistency issues are more related to sometimes having a lack of confidence than a lack of effort. That's what it looks like to me when he's going through his worst stretches... particularly that period in the latter half of 15-16 into the first half of 16-17. Although I think that's less of a problem now that he's fully adapted to the NHL.
Maybe when he was younger. But now, nah. He has said outright that he has a hard time caring about the RS and doesn't feel any need to win trophies for RS play. He only wants to play for and win championships, end of story.

And I'm good with it myself. It's also why the Semin analogy is off. Alex the Elder didn't really elevate his game in the post-season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I think he’s supremely confident in himself today.

Reactions: calicapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe when he was younger. But now, nah. He has said outright that he has a hard time caring about the RS and doesn't feel any need to win trophies for RS play. He only wants to play for and win championships, end of story.

And I'm good with it myself. It's also why the Semin analogy is off. Alex the Elder didn't really elevate his game in the post-season.

And Kuzy has really only truly elevated once in the postseason. When your compete level is in question, it’s tough to shake that mantle. I think Semin raised his game in the postseason, just never as successfully as Kuzy’s best run. Like I said, for $7.8, we’re paying for a 75% effort most nights and that’s what he’s comfortable delivering. As long as he continues to elevate in the postseason, but that’s likely to be hard to replicate every year....We’ll see.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
And Kuzy has really only truly elevated once in the postseason. When your compete level is in question, it’s tough to shake that mantle. I think Semin raised his game in the postseason, just never as successfully as Kuzy’s best run.
IIRC, Kuzy was pretty great in the 17 loffs too. And of course his World Junior performance is legend. But yeah, last year was his true breakout.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
10 pts in 13 games is below par for my expectations of Kuzy come playoff time. Prior to last year, he was good at best in the postseason for my tastes. Good doesn’t win Cups, GREAT does.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad