Confirmed with Link: Ullmark's father passed away in Sweden

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I kinda figured it was a death based on how they were wording things when he was out. Poor guy. RIP Mr. Ullmark.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Well there it is. While I am very sad for Linus and his family, I am also somewhat relieved that it's nothing serious for him or his children going forward.

My thoughts and prayers out to Linus and his family.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
That really sucks. It sounds like his dad haf been battling an illness for a while based on some of what Linus said. I hope he is able to deal with this however he needs without feeling pressured to play, even if it's just internal, because of Hutton potentially being hurt.

It also seems like he isn't intending to fly home for a funeral. I don't know how things are in Sweden but here obviously those aren't really much of a thing right now, at least in terms of memorial services.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That really sucks. It sounds like his dad haf been battling an illness for a while based on some of what Linus said. I hope he is able to deal with this however he needs without feeling pressured to play, even if it's just internal, because of Hutton potentially being hurt.

It also seems like he isn't intending to fly home for a funeral. I don't know how things are in Sweden but here obviously those aren't really much of a thing right now, at least in terms of memorial services.
I wonder how travel restrictions and quarantine rules may have played a role in him not going home (on both ends of a trip like this)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I also wonder how travel restrictions and quarantine rules may have played a role in him not going home (on both ends of a trip like this)
Especially to go through all of that if, say, they are postponing a memorial service until things are better as is common here. Still, gotta be tough to be halfway around the world from your family during something like this.

Reactions: joshjull

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Poor guy. He must've been really young too.

Only 63 according to the article on the Sabres website, though it seems like his health had been faltering so his passing probably wasn't entirely out of the blue. Thoughts go out to Linus and his family.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I wonder how travel restrictions and quarantine rules may have played a role in him not going home (on both ends of a trip like this)

My wife's co-worker had her father unexpectedly pass away in India right around Thanksgiving. She flew to India, had to quarantine for 14 days in a hotel before being allowed to go home....went home for 14 days, flew back to the US and then had to quarantine for either 10 or 14 days (can't remember which) before being allowed back to work.

Came down to roughly a month and a half for a 2 week trip. I'm sure Linus would be looking at something similar should he choose to go home to Sweden.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Sorry if stepping outside the Bills thread is sacrilegious but I am sorry for Linus as well as the current goalie situation it put your team in. My dad died at 40, a month before my senior year. I couldn't imagine having to deal with that loss while carrying the weight of a major league sports team on my shoulders. I wish him all the strength he needs to persevere right now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Especially to go through all of that if, say, they are postponing a memorial service until things are better as is common here. Still, gotta be tough to be halfway around the world from your family during something like this.

my dad died in a nursing home in Buffalo metro area due to Covid.

due to NY state Covid restrictions/ quarantine. neither I nor my brother been able to travel there. My dad was cremated and my sister has his ashes. we aren’t going to have anything until after things die down. Who knows when that is...maybe Christmas next year.

if he tried to travel home Sweden might have 2 weekquarrantine then ny has a 2 week quar. You are looking at him not being able to play again until early March before he could play again.

he likely will do something in the summer.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
My wife's co-worker had her father unexpectedly pass away in India right around Thanksgiving. She flew to India, had to quarantine for 14 days in a hotel before being allowed to go home....went home for 14 days, flew back to the US and then had to quarantine for either 10 or 14 days (can't remember which) before being allowed back to work.

Came down to roughly a month and a half for a 2 week trip. I'm sure Linus would be looking at something similar should he choose to go home to Sweden.

No quarantine needed in Sweden, but maybe in the US once he would return?

RIP

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
No quarantine needed in Sweden, but maybe in the US once he would return?

RIP
The NHL would force him into one at the minimum, aside from have to show a negative test to reenter the country and whether NYS would impose one also.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I can't imagine the horrible feeling Linus must be experiencing. Your dad passes away, and you can't even go there to attend the funeral because of the circumstances. Must be tearing him apart emotionally. Helpless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->