Post-Game Talk (GBU): Ullmark Snuffs the Flames

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
So, for the past several years, I've been taking qty. 2-3 x 200mg Ibuprofen from 2 to 5 days per week. My weekly alcohol consumption is probably median to median +1 sigma for adult males who drink. To those who posted links...would you be concerned?

Yes. You’re setting yourself for ulcers and inflammation and all the bad things those lead to if they haven’t already.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
He's taking it once every few days, if not every day, and I'd assume he just takes it every day.

Ibuprofen has no acute symptoms, yes, and isn't going to kill you in an acute fashion like Tylenol and alcohol can, yes. But it is the worst of the common pain relievers to take continuously long-term, as it has clearly understood mechanisms of disrupting the gut and causing damage. The producers of the drug have avoided doing studies around long-term effects, and focused on short-term ones where it doesn't show any harm. But ask any gastro about it and they'll tell you Advil is great for business, as long-term use (daily for years) is what gives them many of their patients.

Just like Tums. Yes, Tums. The studies all focus on short-term dosing, which is harmless. But taking it repeatedly for long periods of time (years) can have serious repercussions to the stomach and the rest of the GI system over time and should be avoided. For a time they were printing on their bottle 'do not take for longer than two weeks', but I think they fought to stop having to print this anymore.
heart arrhythmia ... over time... better off smoking weed... if you need ant inflam.. before game after hits...take Mobic..less crap.. better off using hospital techniques.. I never want to recommend the Favre route but... 222's are over counter narcotic codeine in Canada... switching is hospital policy to decrease side effects, addiction and tolerance.... never taking one pill twice in week at lowest milligrams will decrease health issues...

ie... after 3 day rest Aspirin 500 mg+ after back to back.. codeine without Tylenol (acetaminophen).. toxic to liver of all mammals.. or third day Mobic.. try to have least amount of binders or will cause long term problems... magnesium stearate... celluloid. cellulose etc..

I would highly recommend using food , anti inflammatory food which he seems to do well... blueberries oatmeal... egg whites w jalepeno red bell pepper onion, chives etc.. tiny pieces grass fed beef (not halal) etc.. salmon.. other fish.. bone broth..free range poultry..organic.. cabbage salad... almonds walnuts pistachio... avocado (depending on person) organic coffe but prefer green tea when healing.. no gmos..

This diet is correct for Concussion... and if you are concussed... imperative you eat right away possibly avoiding any concussion symptoms.. .. If anyone has kids in sports.. I have many articles from Senneff MIT professor who shares my views.. to many more main stream that have helped girls and boys recover from concussion to surgery with more discipline and less meds..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad