Confirmed with Link: Ullmark, 1 year, 1.325 million

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Perfect. Now Botterill can get under the cap internally with now help.

48 hours for buyouts now as well.

Edit: buyout window opens in three days.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Seems about right.

Glad they come to an agreement before the arbitrators ruling. I was expecting a ruling right down the middle ($1.7M ish), like ERod.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
DbtB is reporting it was arbitrator ruling. Also discussion that he’ll be a UFA next year?
Sportsnet and TSN are both reporting that they came to an agreement before the ruling, and also saying he will be UFA.

Sabres re-sign goalie Linus Ullmark to one-year contract - Sportsnet.ca

https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-sign-goaltender-linus-ullmark-to-one-year-contract-1.1346362

The agreement was reached after the two sides went to arbitration on Friday, but before the arbitrator made a ruling.

Ullmark will be an unrestricted free agent when the contract expires next summer.

Wonder who’s right?

Oh, and CapFriendly shows him as a RFA

Linus Ullmark - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sportsnet and TSN are both reporting that they came to an agreement before the ruling, and also saying he will be UFA.

Sabres re-sign goalie Linus Ullmark to one-year contract - Sportsnet.ca

https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-sign-goaltender-linus-ullmark-to-one-year-contract-1.1346362

Wonder who’s right?

Oh, and CapFriendly shows him as a RFA

Linus Ullmark - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

He'll be a RFA. His DOB is July 31, 1993. He needs to turn 27 on June 30th or sooner to qualify.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
The reality is that's way the marketplace works; players selling themselves to teams, and teams selling themselves to players. Krueger has his work cut out.
Well, just looking at the Ullmark deal, which was the comment exchange, the negotiation unfolded typically, and so did the contract. I don't see any indication that Botterill signed any player for less time than the Sabres wanted them, and frankly, Ullmark could have gone to arbitration and could have possibly gotten more than that.

Maybe there are other example of 'players thinking the same thing' by buying short on the Sabres? Maybe McCabe? Even that contract seems friendly to both sides.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
can he file for arb. again next year?
AFAIK, yes. The only restrictions on arbitration frequency, I believe, is a club can only elect to take an individual to arbitration once in his career and they can only elect two arbitrations per year. There are also implications for minimum salary depending on whether the club or the player elected arbitration.

Member 308457

I'm not a fan of Ullmark. Sure he makes great saves from time to time and has good games. Plus the defense has been an unprofessional unit for the last few years. But Ullmark is still pretty young and should be carrying more of a load if they think that he's starting goalie material. Both Ullmark and Hutton have been inconsistent, which has made the Sabres' troubles much worse. I've frankly seen enough of Ullmark and his googly eyed goalie mask. Maybe he's a backup but I think his future as a starter will be in the KHL.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
If Ullmark doesn't step up and grab the starting role with a vengeance, we will be talking about another top 8 pick next year. Hutton is not a 50 game starter in this league.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If Ullmark doesn't step up and grab the starting role with a vengeance, we will be talking about another top 8 pick next year. Hutton is not a 50 game starter in this league.
Ullmark hasn't shown he is, either, unfortunately. I'd say either is capable of playing well enough that we aren't a bottom 8 team if the team actually improves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->