Ukraine: Ukrainians in the KHL talk

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Sibir plans to release Gaiduchenko after he let in three out of five shots against Donbass in last game.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
Except Donbass already has a 1A / 1B tandem (with Leighton getting all the games), unless they dump Laco (who is better than him, so no reason to), or he accepts an assignment with the Leopards...

will another KHL team want him this season?

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
Dadonov wants to get Ukrainian citizenship. 3 year extension, he's in year 2 right now, so 2 more years and he'd be eligible.

http://hcdonbass.com/news/khl/evgeniy_dadonov_primet_grazhdanstvo_ukrainy/
http://www.unian.net/news/610946-ro...nov-hochet-prinyat-grajdanstvo-ukraiinyi.html

hockey club "Donbass" reached an agreement with striker Eugene Dadonova about a contract extension for three years

Forward has expressed his desire to take the citizenship of Ukraine, followed up by the possibility of performing with the national team

I'm torn between Dadonovsky or Dadonchuk.....Dadiak?

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Hahahaha. Just last year played in Eurotour for Russia. Pure mercenary.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Good news:
Haiduchenko signs with Donbass

http://hcdonbass.com/news/donbass_1/sergey_gayduchenko_podpisal_kontrakt_s_khk_donbass/

welcome home

Bad news:
Tverdovsky retires
http://bighockey.ua/news/tverdovskiy-zavershiv-igrovu-kar-yeru.html

taking time to be with his family in America. I don't get this move, sign with Donetsk for few months and be the hero, or just be a playoff pickup. They're doing so well right now, why not make the nice gesture?

Awesome! Gaiduchenko will hopefully decide to play for Ukraine now! Couldn't get better news for the NT! A good goalie can go a long way to helping a team win.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
you build from the net out, and he's a 24 year old KHL-level goalie; he could be the next Simchuk for the next 10-15 years (though in 10 years I'd hope the Donbass Academy can produce at least 1 goalie, come on)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
you build from the net out, and he's a 24 year old KHL-level goalie; he could be the next Simchuk for the next 10-15 years (though in 10 years I'd hope the Donbass Academy can produce at least 1 goalie, come on)

Yep, it's a great acquisition.

The NT will have quite a bit of KHL experience from a good mix of veterans and young players. Although they play few minutes, Blagoy, Toryanik, Kvitchenko and Zakharov are all gaining a ton of valuable experience playing against close-to top level pros. Add to that players like Fedotenko, Varlamov, Razin and Materukhin, it's a good mix that will hopefully compete for tops in their WC division. There's a good mix of NHL, KHL and AHL experience with those vets.

Now if only they could get Ponikarovsky and Kasyanchuk to play...

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
he played for donbass in an exhibition again the Leopards, shutout (obviously)

http://hcdonbass.com/matchi/info/30026/

Leopards were full of Young Guard and younger Donbass players, including Kvitchenko, Zhakarov, Zinchenko, Abashkin, etc.

DSC_1143.JPG_Thumbnail0.jpg

DSC_1176.JPG_Thumbnail0.jpg

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
http://hcdonbass.com/komanda/donbass/player-gayduchenko/

conjecture on my part but they listed him as a dual citizen. Not newsworthy but I should point out that HCD posted Babchuk as Ukrainian-only when they had him. I hope Haidu's not playing hardball over this national team stuff still...

IMO, there's a good chance that he still needs two full years in Ukraine before he's eligible. Not sure if IIHF will allow him to play for Ukraine just like that as he hasn't spent a season in Ukraine since the age of 12. I hope I'm wrong, as he really is a player I want to see in blue and yellow of Ukraine unlike those no-connection Russian mercenaries on Donbass roster.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
read this today:
Boris Kolesnikov , and wrote about this on the forum of the official website of the club: "Gaiduchenko, to put it mildly, does not make friends with the team, we invited him to [the national team of Ukraine] several times, but agents persuaded [Sergei] that he will play for Russia at the Sochi Olympics. " Apparently, now Gaiduchenko realized that it was time to "make friends" with the team

Ukrainian passport has played into his favor. Without it, Gaiduchenko likely would have gone to play in the VHL. Perhaps the only loser in the situation is Jan Laco, who is now surely gone from Donetsk

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
What is with these Ukrainian hockey players and their delusion? First Ponikarovsky, now Gaiduchenko. Really, how good in bs convincing are these agents? :laugh:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
What is with these Ukrainian hockey players and their delusion? First Ponikarovsky, now Gaiduchenko. Really, how good in bs convincing are these agents? :laugh:

If that's how it really went down then wow, that's pretty bazar.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If that's how it really went down then wow, that's pretty bazar.

Kinda shows that people that are regulars on this board have a better perspective of how hockey world works than genuine insiders. :sarcasm:

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
Even the writer of the article (iSport.ua, so they're going to have a pro-Uke slant) said he's not even within the top 15 Russian goalies so that he thought he had a shot of cracking the top 3 is nuts.

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
So is he guaranteed to be suiting up for the National Team now?

Any word on if Poni or Kasyanchuk will be around?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad