Ukraine: Ukrainian prospects Thread

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I really can't wait to finally see how this crop of players will look on MHL stage. I'd say they are in for a beating, unless they don't sign up plenty of 20-year olds.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
maybe he can jump to Energie´s MHL team?

Just do some research and click around EP, and see how his 0 points look in context and you'll realize how slim are the chances of that happening.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I really can't wait to finally see how this crop of players will look on MHL stage. I'd say they are in for a beating, unless they don't sign up plenty of 20-year olds.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took a beating the first year or so. However, a lot of the guys will have played in the PHL against men, which is higher competition than the MHL. If they try and sign mostly Ukrainian players, you'll see some guys who do all right and succeed, while a large majority I would think will be non-factors.

Hopefully in the future these teams will keep the top Ukrainian talent from running to Russia and taking citizenship. Every year there is a Ukrainian or two on the Russian U20 team. Imagine these kids played for Ukraine? The National Team would be top-tier still.

EDIT:

Imagine the Ukraine had all (or even some) of the players that were born + developed in Ukraine available for the NT?

Here's a list of players who are born in Ukraine, but claim Russian citizenship that are currently playing in the KHL:

Vladimir Tchakyov (1993)
Nikolai Zherdev
Anton Babchuk
Andrei Sergeyev (1991)
Alexei Mikhnov
Denis Denisov
Vitali Vishnevski
Oleg Tverdovsky
Alexander Komaristy (1989)
Sergei Gaiduchenko (1989)
Anton But
Daniil Sobchenko (RIP)

The NT would look a heck of a lot better with these guys on the roster.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Molodaya Gvardiya won the tournament in Belgorod won the tournament in Belgorod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tFxcHKLt8

... by seemingly regressing with each score-wise. :laugh: Anyway Donbass goalie(s?) looked poor on almost every goal they let in. Looks like they will rely a lot on Bogdziul a lot this season. Nice to see Bondarenko having an opportunity to get good minutes in MHL, which he wouldn't be able to do in loaded-up Chelyabinsk team.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Let us not forget that the opponents were from the MHL B. Next tournament in Stupino many will tell.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Let us not forget that the opponents were from the MHL B. Next tournament in Stupino many will tell.

You don't have to tell me that. :laugh: That's the scary part, yes first wins were convincing blow-outs, and watching the videos from those wins, actually makes me scratch my head, how the last games were so tight.

Who is it?

He's 94-born Lithuanian forward. Was involved in gazillion of goals in this tournament. Brought up in Latvia in Finland up till now. His stats

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I guess the goal is to nationalize the Kazakhstani Zinchenko? He was Kaz-U20

think they'll try it with any of the current russians?

He won't be nationalized. He's likely Kazakhstan's best defenseman under 20 years old. He will have a long career with the more successful Kazakh National Team.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I guess the goal is to nationalize the Kazakhstani Zinchenko? He was Kaz-U20

think they'll try it with any of the current russians?

Where did you got that from? Zinchenko has by the looks committed to being a foreigner in the KHL already, and I don't really see him now going on a four-year hiatus from international game just to switch allegiance to a weaker Ukraine team. Makes no sense to me. All other Russians, yes, unfortunately, I see Ukraine going down that route.

He won't be nationalized. He's likely Kazakhstan's best defenseman under 20 years old. He will have a long career with the more successful Kazakh National Team.

He without any doubt is best KAZ D in a while.

His current teammate and this year's draftee Roman Khalikov is an interesting prospect as well. Also (potentially) eligible for Kazakhstan's NT as he is from Ust-Kamenogorsk as well. Currently holds Russian passport as it is a part of a deal when you go play for major Russian hockey school. Hopefully he picks Kazakhstan as he now plays for a team with no foreigner restrictions, although I'm not sure how good he is, maybe he still has some team Russia aspirations.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
I was just assuming that's what they were up to, seeing as he's Ukrainian and Kolesnikov/Nazarov keep hammering in that they're going to poach foreigners. Seemed that was the motive. How did they sign him otherwise since he's apparently so good?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I was just assuming that's what they were up to, seeing as he's Ukrainian and Kolesnikov/Nazarov keep hammering in that they're going to poach foreigners. Seemed that was the motive. How did they sign him otherwise since he's apparently so good?

Ukrainian? :laugh: Anyway, his signing probably has all to do with his agent's Shumi Babayev's kicking out of Barys and Kazakh national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->