Ukraine: Ukraine National team

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I tried finding that post but couldn't, so assumed it was someone else you mentioned :laugh: sorry

What are the odds the being more than one such guy. :laugh:

Anyway I forgive you. This time.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
How does Ukraine lose to Poland? ffs

I understand Napnenko sucked, and that their goalie stood on his head for 50 shots, but still. KHL/BLR league players, vs. a bunch of amateur scrubs. How does this happen?

and why start Napnenko against the top team in our div and not against Romania or something?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Only exhibition games, but this just shows that promotion will be no easy task coming spring.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Maybe Fedotenko can suit up for the football team next time they actually play a meaningful game. He may be a pylon, but he won't get red cards. Grow some hair Khacheraidi. Fomenko sits on the bench the entire game, while Deschamps is up encouraging his players.

Maybe soon the hockey team will accomplish more than the football team. What a joke.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
At least he understands the rules ("I'm not 20 years old, don't see the point." implies he realizes the 4 year cooling period) but apparently Team Belarus/Dinamo-Minsk management does not. Which is mind boggling.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Its too bad players with ukrainan roots dont want to play for Ukraine. Im thinking of Timashov, Myklukha, Lytvynov, Tkachyov, Padakin, Chmelevski, Mikhnov and Chiriaev.

Petrov

Lytvunov - Merezhko
Yuldashev - Tolstushko
Silnitsky - Aleksyuk

Timashov - Tkachyov - Chmelevski
Mikhnov - Chiriaev - Padakin
Blagoy - Danylenko - Peresunko
Deniskin- Myklukha - Babinets

I think a team like this would be same level as Italy.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Its too bad players with ukrainan roots dont want to play for Ukraine. Im thinking of Timashov, Myklukha, Lytvynov, Tkachyov, Padakin, Chmelevski, Mikhnov and Chiriaev.

Timashov, Myklukha, Lytvynov, Chmelevski and Chiriaev have never been eligible to represent Ukraine, so it has nothing to do with them "not wanting" to play for Ukraine.

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
Myklukha could have easily played for Ukraine if he or his parents wanted it. But in fact he was always determined to represent Slovakia. And I still think Timashov may still play for us one day, I doubt he can ever crack Tre Kronor

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It might not lure Timashov but Donbass signing Mikhail Stefanovich is punching way above the local competition level.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It might not lure Timashov but Donbass signing Mikhail Stefanovich is punching way above the local competition level.

actually, signing that type of player + playing in cl might be what makes timashov signing with donbass a reality. timashov would recive god status by ukrainan fans if he did this, always nice to have that kind of worship.

lets face it, timashov is not good enough for team sweden. at best, he will play a couple of eht games. in ukraine he would be top player playing in wc.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He's easily good enough for the SHL though, doesn't really make any sense for him to go play in Ukraine.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some more players with ukrainan roots who play at farily high level:

Nikita Lisov
Ilya Nazarevich
Denys Rubanik
Yan Kopylov
Artyom Naumenko
Nikolai Zherdev
Roman Zap
Yegor Yegoror

Especially the veteran, Zherdev is intresting. Why he plays in austrian league instead of Donbass is beyond me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad