Player Discussion Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (2017, 54th)

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
My philosophy is to take a big Nordic goalie in the last three rounds every year and move on with your life. The draft position odds don't apply on goalies...there is almost no rhyme or reason to it.

I should dig out the stats I compiled. It definitely matters on average. What you posted is nonsense basically. The fact that everyone repeats it doesn't make it true.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Sabres prospect pool is bare at every position. No round is too early for any position. This draft has looked really really good so far

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Like this pick. We definitely needed more talent in our goalie pipeline, and this kid has good potential.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
I don't mind taking a goalie in the late second/third. It seems to be where you can find good prospects at a decent value for goalies. Obviously you can always throw darts in the 4-6th rd range, but this guy seems to have good value.

Can't hate this pick.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Is this the pick we got from Minnesota for Chris Stewart, who we got from St. Louis for Ryan Miller?

If so, it would be a nice symmetry if we get a future starting goalie out of the trade that sent Miller away.

Especially since all the other pieces of the Miller trade are long gone.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Is this the pick we got from Minnesota for Chris Stewart, who we got from St. Louis for Ryan Miller?
If so, it would be a nice symmetry if we get a future starting goalie out of the trade that sent Miller away.

You are correct.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I think I saw one of Buffalo writers say that.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He should be the starter at the u20's and he should be able to play with a beautiful defense.
Potential to go for a run.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Remind me me of Tuuka Rask at that age, there's a chance we got a star player with this pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->