Player Discussion Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (2017, 54th)

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Is he our best prospect? So far he's doing about as well as you could have reasonably hoped for (for a goalie prospect), Goalies are so weird man, so hard to project.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Is he our best prospect? So far he's doing about as well as you could have reasonably hoped for (for a goalie prospect), Goalies are so weird man, so hard to project.
Probably, at this point. There isn't a single thing he could have done this season to improve his standing more in our rankings.

Reactions: Rasmi

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Ukka gets pulled tonight giving up 8 of 29 to one of our biggest rivals . Pathetic effort all around . He did what he could

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If Hutton is out is there anything preventing the Sabres from recalling UPL under emergency conditions?

I think we would need to have less than 2 other goalies on NHL contracts available to us before we could recall Luuk from juniors.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Are we allowed to play with an EN all game? Teach 'em to defend the way dad teaches you to swim :sarcasm:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Are we allowed to play with an EN all game? Teach 'em to defend the way dad teaches you to swim :sarcasm:

Anyone else remember Bowman pulling the goalie relatively early in a game where the team had basically quit -- he was close to a wins record IIRC. They had to work harder to not get the net filled and it was one of the many Bowman bush-league maneuvers when he and his ego had carte blanche to ruin, err run the team.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You know goalies are really hard to project but there have been some over the years that everyone had a pretty good feeling were going to be elite

John Gibson is the most recent one I can think of.

UPL has that vibe to him.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
As I noted in the Draft thread UPL had a great game in Hamilton. He always seemed to be ready and in position-no flailing or swimming. He handled the puck a lot and well. The Wolves seemed very confident and broke out quickly and often taking chances that they might not have if playing another goalie. They often had a forward playing high on their blue line to look to break away quickly and I think this had to do with the confidence they had in UPL. He was beaten once on a good shot on what was basically a breakaway but the play was started with knocking the puck down with a high stick and the goal was nullified.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I honestly believe he’s in Buffalo next year, if our goaltending struggles again this could be like the Flyers and Hart where we give UPL a look before the new year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad