Player Discussion Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (2017, 54th)

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
That's a nut punch. His workload will need to watched carefully. Probably was overworked this, season as well but did not want to let his teammates down.

Wonder if they take Knight if he is there at the draft ?

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
That's a nut punch. His workload will need to watched carefully. Probably was overworked this, season as well but did not want to let his teammates down.

Wonder if they take Knight if he is there at the draft ?
It shouldn't change much. He should probably go back to juniors or ECHL next year to ease back in and then look to Rochester the following year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Ullmark had surgery on both hips and was playing in the NHL 6 months later.

And yet even then, they were controlling his starts in minutes and he was only up due to injury on the big club.

I’m hoping for a full and if possible speedy recovery. Hopefully sometime next fall he’ll be on the ice developing as we hope he will into a future NHL starter. If that’s into November or even December before he starts again? So be it. Let them get him healthy. We’ve seen that he can be a pretty good netminder for his age. He is definitely part of the long game.

Reactions: oldgoalie

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Jesus that's horrible. Hip surgery sounds like the sort of thing that can ruin a goalie's career.

Ullmark had the same surgery a few seasons back. He said it's something most pro goalies have done at some point during their career. It's just a product of the butterfly.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
butterfly style is ****ing murder on the hips. ask Patrick Roy.

The hip surgery that gave Thatcher Demko a new life

There are kids that are getting preemptive hip surgery because of the issues that so much time in the butterfly is causing.

It's like the preemptive Tommy John surgery epidemic in baseball.

This stuff is why early sport specialization is a bad idea. But, FOMO leads parents and kids to ignore all the evidence.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As an aside, I appreciate that we have such a wide variety of netminders as regulars. Appreciate the takes guys... I certainly don't understand y'all.

Let me go crosscheck someone now.

Reactions: oldgoalie

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
As an aside, I appreciate that we have such a wide variety of netminders as regulars. Appreciate the takes guys... I certainly don't understand y'all.

Let me go crosscheck someone now.
Getting hit by hard rubber projectiles while balancing on two thin lines of steel... yeah, we don’t get us either.:biglaugh:

Reactions: Chainshot

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Good for 6K. Absolutely deserved, here's to a speedy recovery and many games in Rochester next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->