Player Discussion Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (2017, 54th)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well, if Carter Hart had become Phillie’s starter so early, why couldn't UPL be able to become next season, especially if our goalies continue to be not very reliable and the organization is not going to fix this with the help of trade or signing UFA.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Well, if Carter Hart had become Phillie’s starter so early, why couldn't UPL be able to become next season, especially if our goalies continue to be not very reliable and the organization is not going to fix this with the help of trade or signing UFA.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see UPL in Rochester by December and then get a game or two at the end of the season once we have clinched a playoff spot.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Philly was desperate. They went through 8 goalies last season. Hart wasn't even that good in the AHL. If a goalie gets called up for any reason and dominates he's not going back down. I'd look for a developmental path more like Matt Murray's with the Pens.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Philly was desperate. They went through 8 goalies last season. Hart wasn't even that good in the AHL. If a goalie gets called up for any reason and dominates he's not going back down. I'd look for a developmental path more like Matt Murray's with the Pens.
I would, too, but I wrote, if our GM does not want to look for a proven starting goalie for 1-2 seasons, then maybe UPL can help.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Hutton has been pretty reliable this season while Ullmark has been inconsistent. Our big losing streak was because we could hardly score or we played horrible team D and special teams. Capitals game was a disaster for Ullmark.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Hutton has been pretty reliable this season while Ullmark has been inconsistent. Our big losing streak was because we could hardly score or we played horrible team D and special teams. Capitals game was a disaster for Ullmark.
I do not see any reliability with Hatton, he regularly gets garbage washers, in the last two games he missed 10 goals, Ulmark is also not a starting goalie, but I like him more.

Reactions: Bferra13

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
After another 2 years of no playoffs ?

If anything there cautious about his workload after his hip surgery if anything.

1) You assume the team won't make the playoffs this season or next?

2) You assume they won't make the playoffs because of keeping 6K in Rochester for 20-21?

It's vastly more likely for teams to develop a top goalie prospect in the AHL for at least one season. I see the timing of his permanent call-up to Buffalo with Hutton's contract expiring as pretty convenient.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad