Pre-Game Talk: Uhhh, What do we do now? Leafs vs Devils in what will feel like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
that one made me kinda happy. beat them up - but show he's part of the team :)

but good for screaming at them too. they've seriously gotta step it up to the Nth degree.

That was the first real time where they got whopped this season playing like this. Hopefully that will make them ratchet up the intensity level a couple of notches. Nobody likes to get their assess whopped. Let's see how competitive they really are on Friday. I expect the Leafs to deliver an ass whopping themselves on this sorry ass Devils team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That was the first real time where they got whopped this season playing like this. Hopefully that will make them ratchet up the intensity level a couple of notches. Nobody likes to get their assess whopped. Let's see how competitive they really are on Friday. I expect the Leafs to deliver an ass whopping themselves on this sorry ass Devils team.

seriously.
like I wrote this weekend - there's really only two ways this is going to work out: they rally together as a team, support everyone (positionally, and work their tails off) and do what needs to be done....

or they keep playing the way they've been playing.

and if they keep playing the way they've been playing.... it might get really ooogly.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
seriously.
like I wrote this weekend - there's really only two ways this is going to work out: they rally together as a team, support everyone (positionally, and work their tails off) and do what needs to be done....

or they keep playing the way they've been playing.

and if they keep playing the way they've been playing.... it might get really ooogly.

Exactly. These guys must know that! If they keep playing like this, they will get their assess whopped a lot more often. Boston is coming up on Saturday as well. They have to be on high alert.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I would have expected Kessel to play as centre. Sure he can't out-muscle guys in the defensive end--and let's not talk about his defensive game--but when his line is on offense, he usually sets up the play.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
JVR at centre sounds like an AWFUL idea. They should just leave him on wing and then put Kadri as centre. Putting JVR at a new position just gives us one extra problem.

Yeah I like JVR on wing. He can use his bodies against the boards better in the position. Would've preferred JVR-Kadri-Kessel to develop some chemistry.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Yeah I like JVR on wing. He can use his bodies against the boards better in the position. Would've preferred JVR-Kadri-Kessel to develop some chemistry.

If JVR at C doesn't work (and there's no trade in the works) I think MayRay will be the next guy getting a look at. The JVR experiment was one that the Leafs were looking to try as that would solve our #1C problem if he could play Center well.

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
XXXX - Kadri - Clarkson
MayRay - Bolland - Kulemin
XXX - McClement - XXXX

Now think about this line-up if JVR was as good as he is on the Wing at Center (hypothetical, I wouldn't bet on it.... but that's what this experiment would be for). We would then trade Bozak + for a scoring winger (Kreider? Probably not available, but a player like him would be a good fit)

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
what's COD?

Call of Duty, its a FPS. It comes out tomorrow, but Gardiner, Bozak, and McLaren have been tweeting pictures of their copies.

Bozak has always been a huge COD fan, I remember him like 2 seasons ago tweeting a pic of the new one a couple days before it came out.

I wonder if theyre any good at it.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Bozak totally told the Leafs to put him on the LTIR so he could play COD for a couple of weeks.

Looks like he wants Gardiner and McLaren to join him on LTIR as well. :naughty:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Why do the Leafs have 6 days off anyways ... is there a reason for this?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

The league didn't want to see another sorry ass effort like they put on Saturday so they gave the leafs a week to get their **** together

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

We usually have one every year (last year an exception).

In the past the team has gone on a team bonding type trip, but thgat isn't the case this year.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We usually have one every year (last year an exception).

In the past the team has gone on a team bonding type trip, but thgat isn't the case this year.

:laugh:
they get to bond now at practice.

thanks for the answer of the Call of Duty guys

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Call of Duty, its a FPS. It comes out tomorrow, but Gardiner, Bozak, and McLaren have been tweeting pictures of their copies.

Bozak has always been a huge COD fan, I remember him like 2 seasons ago tweeting a pic of the new one a couple days before it came out.

I wonder if theyre any good at it.

Brown was the only good player, but we had to trade away our best talent didn't we Nonis?

leafstilldeath*

If JVR at C doesn't work (and there's no trade in the works) I think MayRay will be the next guy getting a look at. The JVR experiment was one that the Leafs were looking to try as that would solve our #1C problem if he could play Center well.

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
XXXX - Kadri - Clarkson
XXX - McClement - XXXX

Now think about this line-up if JVR was as good as he is on the Wing at Center (hypothetical, I wouldn't bet on it.... but that's what this experiment would be for). We would then trade Bozak + for a scoring winger (Kreider? Probably not available, but a player like him would be a good fit)

I think we will see this line of Lups-JVR-Kessel. In the final mins against the nucks on PP we had this line out without a C where JVR was playing as a C. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw that. JVR has been getting some good PK time tells us that coaching staff has some confidence in JVR's defensive abilities and should be able to shoulder the C position.

In terms of Cs we have:

JVR
Kadri
McClement
Smith

Still not too bad.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
XXXX - Kadri - Clarkson
XXX - McClement - XXXX

The only reason JVR is even getting looked at for the C spot is because Bolland is out indefinitely. Not sure why you're putting both JVR and Bolland at C on the same lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->