Pre-Game Talk: Uhhh, What do we do now? Leafs vs Devils in what will feel like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio 35m
Lengthy #Leafs practice coming to close. At one point Carlyle yelled "You can't forecheck if you don't dump the puck effectively"

Also yelled "we are not working hard enough" before saying "we have the ice until 4!"

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 21m
During lengthy skate at end of practice, Carlyle actually took a few laps with the players #solidarity

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 50m
Carlyle doesn't seem all that happy with how this practice is proceeding; working on the forecheck game right now
Nice.. the players deserve this after their lack of effort.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If these guys want to make it through the upcoming period of adversity and remain in playoff contention, they definitely need a kick in their collective arses.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 4h
Jvr centers line with kessel and lupul. Kadri is between raymond and clarkson. Mcclement is between bodie and kulemin. #TMLtalk

Thats actually not too bad! Maybe call up Leivo and play:
Lupul-JVR-Kessel
Raymond-Kadri-Clarkson
Kulemin-McClement-Leivo
Bodie-Smith-Orr
?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Nice that Carlyle is finally getting the chance to really work on these guys. This break is key for some to get closer to 100% but just a good chance for the team to work on their weakpoints.

Hopefully the top 6 works out well with the new look.

Gutless

Jan 26, 2011
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 4h
Jvr centers line with kessel and lupul. Kadri is between raymond and clarkson. Mcclement is between bodie and kulemin. #TMLtalk

Thats actually not too bad! Maybe call up Leivo and play:
Lupul-JVR-Kessel
Raymond-Kadri-Clarkson
Kulemin-McClement-Leivo
Bodie-Smith-Orr
?

That's pretty solid, and I'm interested to see how well JVR can play centre at this level.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately Carlyle likes ****ing with the media on off days with his lines, but I'm hoping this isn't the case because he wants these set of lines to get accustom to each other.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
I really can't wait to see JVR at center between Lupul and Kessel. He has the defensive aware, the skills, and isn't that bad on the face off so far this year despite only taking about 9 this year (Apparently he was 24 for 43 (55.8%) on the faceoff last year).

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
So kadri got demoted already?

I think come gameday you'll see XXX- JVR- Kessel XXX- Kadri-Lupul, wouldn't really conciser it a demotion it just makes more sense to keep JVR and Kessel on the same line.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Unfortunately Carlyle likes ****ing with the media on off days with his lines, but I'm hoping this isn't the case because he wants these set of lines to get accustom to each other.
Although that is true, he did say this today, "He's played there before so it doesn't take rocket science to go in that direction" which makes me believe it'll happen.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Good to hear about carlyle being strict with the players, after that game...good god.

Yea I love kadri but JVR and Kessel are the main catalyst for that line. Those two can see each other in another leve.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

JVR at centre sounds like an AWFUL idea. They should just leave him on wing and then put Kadri as centre. Putting JVR at a new position just gives us one extra problem.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
JVR at centre sounds like an AWFUL idea. They should just leave him on wing and then put Kadri as centre. Putting JVR at a new position just gives us one extra problem.
And have McClement as our second line center and Smith as our 3rd line center, good luck getting offense from other than the first line then.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I want to see the following lines:

Lupul - JVR - Kessel

Raymond- Kadri - Clarkson

Kulemin- Mcclement -Broll

Mclaren- Smith - Orr

Hopefully we can experiment a little with NJ, because we should easily be able to beat them. If not, we have bigger problems than we think.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

And have McClement as our second line center and Smith as our 3rd line center, good luck getting offense from other than the first line then.

putting JVR at a brand new position he only played a bit in college may kill the offense on the first line. it might just make things worse. at least if the first line is jvr kadri kessel our best players are in their best positions.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
putting JVR at a brand new position he only played a bit in college may kill the offense on the first line. it might just make things worse. at least if the first line is jvr kadri kessel our best players are in their best positions.
I doubt it would kill offense, the only negative i see about it would be the defensive side. Leafs don't have much of a choice its worth a shot.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think that Nonis will make a deal. I think he will find something that make sense and pull the trigger. That's what teams that aspire to be more than just an also ran do.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Ranger has been fine. Plays the body well and does a good job blocking shots and getting his stick in the passing lanes.

Problem is he's also prone to boneheaded turnovers. I don't expect for any player to be perfect but Rangers pinches and giveaways are bound to start haunting this team. The goalies have been stellar enough thus far to cover him. Can't rely on them every night.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Lengthy #Leafs practice coming to close. At one point Carlyle yelled "You can't forecheck if you don't dump the puck effectively"

Also yelled "we are not working hard enough" before saying "we have the ice until 4!"

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 21m
During lengthy skate at end of practice, Carlyle actually took a few laps with the players #solidarity

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 50m
Carlyle doesn't seem all that happy with how this practice is proceeding; working on the forecheck game right now

that one made me kinda happy. beat them up - but show he's part of the team :)

but good for screaming at them too. they've seriously gotta step it up to the Nth degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->