Uh, when did we start trapping?

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
i hate randys strategy when up in game in 3rd, u dont even look to attack, we never have the puck, its just wave after wave of offensive attacks and we try to stop em...saw it over and over again last year, ALSO COST US PLAYOFF SERIES LAST YEAR...and by looks of it its happening again this year...just a horrible tactic

Hate to break it to you but that tends to happen all game long, not just a 3rd period thing. The problem I don't think is the system, I think its a players problem for whatever reason they seem to have a "deer in headlights look" whenever the other team turns up the heat a bit, they don't know how to respond and end up making stupid decision after stupid decision with the puck.

Want to know who the Leafs remind me of? Its like a boxer who will take 10-15 punches in a row to the face but will then turn around and deliver 1-2 knockout punches. Thats the leafs, they allow other teams to take it to them for long periods but then will just as suddenly turn it up ice and unleash a shot on net that results in a goal.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Hate to break it to you but that tends to happen all game long, not just a 3rd period thing. The problem I don't think is the system, I think its a players problem for whatever reason they seem to have a "deer in headlights look" whenever the other team turns up the heat a bit, they don't know how to respond and end up making stupid decision after stupid decision with the puck.

Want to know who the Leafs remind me of? Its like a boxer who will take 10-15 punches in a row to the face but will then turn around and deliver 1-2 knockout punches. Thats the leafs, they allow other teams to take it to them for long periods but then will just as suddenly turn it up ice and unleash a shot on net that results in a goal.

That's the problem with the rope-a-dope...sometimes they catch you with one.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
The leafs still struggle at the concept of playing defense, contrary to popular belief playing good defense means you spend as little time in your own end as possible. The leafs are excellent at shot blocking and boxing out the opposition but they fail badly at the transition game, they get pinned in their own end because they panic and end up making utterly stupid decisions with the puck. There was a reason last year we finished near dead last in shots for and against....

Goalie = last line of defence.

I got nooooo problem, with Berny handling more shots like that.

NextSportStar

NextSportStar*****
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
www.nextsportstar.com
Is this new, because I don't ever remember us collapsing so much when we're up!
I'm not complaining (especially after the event that shall not be named) but I'm just a little surprised.
Or is this just because Randy felt we were being out-chanced in this particular game?

If we are winning with it, why are you complaining?? play what ever way you want just win us the games and im good!

Yup.

I actually enjoy watching the defensive style of hockey. Also excited about our goalie tandem, not that they will keep this pace all season but they sure are fun to watch.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Prevent defense prevents you from winning.

Thank you Sphinx :laugh:

mentor-madness-mystery-men_137740-fli_1371764485-280-80.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad