News Article: Uh oh it’s Boro

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure which is more embarrassing to this franchise, the Promo video with his buddy Eugene or the fact that he wears an A.

The day this plug is out of the NHL, where he belongs, will be a banner day for this franchise.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not sure which is more embarrassing to this franchise, the Promo video with his buddy Eugene or the fact that he wears an A.

The day this plug is out of the NHL, where he belongs, will be a banner day for this franchise.
He played well most of last season. This season is just too much responsibility. It’s easy to hate now becuase last night he was truly atrocious but remember he hasn’t played like he did last night for like a year and a half.

Reactions: bert

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He played well most of last season. This season is just too much responsibility. It’s easy to hate now becuase last night he was truly atrocious but remember he hasn’t played like he did last night for like a year and a half.
So? Every other season minus maybe his debut season and last he has been bad.

His debut season he was actually quite good. Calm, knows his role and actually tough to play against. Somewhere along the lines, perhaps when he got more responsibility and praise from management did he deviate away from what made him palatable.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

His debut season he was actually quite good. Calm, knows his role and actually tough to play against. Somewhere along the lines, perhaps when he got more responsibility and praise from management did he deviate away from what made him palatable.
well his best season was JUST last season. everyone knows what he is.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

He wasn't any good when he started in the NHL. He was falling over himself all the time. People liked him cause he went for big hits.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He wasn't any good when he started in the NHL. He was falling over himself all the time. People liked him cause he went for big hits.
Are you sure? I am pretty certain a lot of people were praising him for how he was a calm influence on the back end. I don't remember him going for his out of position hits in his debut season. He would stay back and play his role adequately.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The team has recast him as some kind of shutdown defenceman while his skillset hasn't changed at all.
Yeah, he's never been good defensively at all.

He'sion the NHL as a physical guy. That's it.

What do you expect when you put him in as a 20+ minute defensive muncher?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

So if he was put into that situation again he likely has a similar situation? You agree with that? Good. He is a third pairing D man. They are putting too much responsibility on him. Its as clear as day. So whos fault is that? Dorion thats who so blame him.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So if he was put into that situation again he likely has a similar situation? You agree with that? Good. He is a third pairing D man. They are putting too much responsibility on him. Its as clear as day. So whos fault is that? Dorion thats who so blame him.
That's exactly what I am saying. He is playing way over his head and given too much responsibility with ice time. He should be a 7th D but due to managements ineptitude of actually icing a competitive hockey team we are stuck with what we have.

That doesn't mean Boro is absolved of any blame for his play. I mean yesterday was a clear example of him not making the right decision at that moment in time.

Reactions: bert

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
No doubt about that but he I think he's usually say that was on me or something like that. I would have like d for him to own it anyway.
With Boro, it's someone else's fault. He's the master of pointing fingers in the press.

Just check out his reaction to both suspensions.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't have a big problem with Boro. Sure, getting that puck out wins the game. A dive to knock it out or something. He literally had the puck on his stick for maybe half a second though.

He got boarded 15 seconds earlier and while the refs were good to call a chintzy slash, boarding is open season against the Ottawa Senators.

I am fine with him on this team. I didn't mind the penalty earlier either. TB is sneaky dirty and someone has to lay a licking once in a while especially in front of your net.

Bigger issues are too many minutes for Chabot right now. He cannot handle the workload. He is not Karlsson

Reactions: Hands of Stone

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
His game was okay when he kept things simple. I keep saying it but if he was the 6/7 Dman, kept himself out of the box and his game simple, he’d be fine and have a decent career.
The owner/mgmt trying to cast him as a pivotal defensive stalwart and core leadership piece is what has caused this mess.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Really?

The media attention has gone to his head and he actually thinks he's good.

Well in the grand scheme of things he is quite good at hockey actually. Dont you think he has internal confidence to get to this level? I know you really hate him and all but I think on this one you might need to take a step back. He got stripped by a very good player with a very good stick in Ryan Mcdonough he should have leaned on it harder but he didnt, split second moment that no one wants back more than he does. The fact of the matter is he is a serviceable third pairing D man that is playing in situations he shouldnt. I personally like his physical play and wish they would use him appropriately. Ideally this team could run with 7 d men every game were just missing a second pairing left d man and a first pairing right. Sub out Wideman or Ceci then have everyone slot down and this team is probably very competitive. However as it stands now they really only have one legitimate top 4 d man. Thats why they get outshot so badly game in game out. Only person to blame for this is Pierre Dorion.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Are you sure? I am pretty certain a lot of people were praising him for how he was a calm influence on the back end. I don't remember him going for his out of position hits in his debut season. He would stay back and play his role adequately.

I remember hating Boro since day 1 cause he would fall down all the time and handled the puck like a grenade.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well in the grand scheme of things he is quite good at hockey actually. Dont you think he has internal confidence to get to this level? I know you really hate him and all but I think on this one you might need to take a step back. He got stripped by a very good player with a very good stick in Ryan Mcdonough he should have leaned on it harder but he didnt, split second moment that no one wants back more than he does. The fact of the matter is he is a serviceable third pairing D man that is playing in situations he shouldnt. I personally like his physical play and wish they would use him appropriately. Ideally this team could run with 7 d men every game were just missing a second pairing left d man and a first pairing right. Sub out Wideman or Ceci then have everyone slot down and this team is probably very competitive. However as it stands now they really only have one legitimate top 4 d man. Thats why they get outshot so badly game in game out. Only person to blame for this is Pierre Dorion.

I think Dorion would love to get rid of Boro, he can't afford to though.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think that entire sequence will define this year in so many ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad