News Article: Uh oh it’s Boro

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Eakin cleared and on the plane less than 24hrs after the hit. Wasn’t even a concussion.
I suspect he was held out of the game for precautionary reasons, which is fine, but questionable as to whether that's an injury for the purpose of supplemental discipline

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
There was head contact and the League doesn't **** around with that anymore. If that's what it takes considering we've had ex-enforcers die in their 40's, I'm ok with it. Still plenty of hitting in the NHL, Trouba on Matthews was a great huge hit that resulted in an injury to the best player on the most important franchise in the League and no penalty and no talk about how it could have been one.

Add on top of that that Boro is a plug who plays for one of the most inconsequential franchises in the League, he never had a chance. You only get one if you are a big name player.

I agree with paragraph one; and I agree that a player with lower skills than the stars sometimes gets treated differently than the stars do, particularly where such a player plays a physical game.

I don’t agree with derogatory comments about players.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
And hitting & turn the NHL into the No Hit League which could be just a matter of time.

It could happen. It seems that defensemen cannot step into the path of an opposing forward with the puck because, if the D is taller than the forward, the hit will cause head contact and result in a suspension.

Reactions: aragorn

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
No but I was expecting based on what some of his supporters say, that he should've "policed" the ice to prevent such scrums from even taking place. He should've known that they were targeting Formenton after he threw the hit on the Flyers player.
Was it a scrum? I thought it was an open-ice sucker punch delivered by a Dman that Formenton had just embarrassed by blowing past him. Anyway, I agree that having a designated tough guy has a very limited deterrent effect on the other team's behavior.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Hopefully Boro can use his time off to work on his next promo video with Eugene.

I know the players are excited, the fans are excited and the sponsors are excited about a new video featuring this foundational player and our beloved owner.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Someone needs to put a muzzle on that kid. It doesn't matter if he is 100% right...the old farts in the NHL won't want a plug like him speaking up at all. Dude needs to stick to Sens talk, and forget about anything else while in front of a microphone.

Yeah, that's pretty horrible advice for any walk of life.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Someone needs to put a muzzle on that kid. It doesn't matter if he is 100% right...the old farts in the NHL won't want a plug like him speaking up at all. Dude needs to stick to Sens talk, and forget about anything else while in front of a microphone.
I think it's the new farts in the NHL that are constantly changing the goal posts that are the problem & make it difficult to know what is a good hit & what isn't, clearly even the players don't seem to know. I don't think Boro said anything wrong in trying to get some kind of clarification. The old farts like hard hitting hockey but the new farts are changing the game in mid-stride to protect themselves from law suits it seems. They should just come out & say there will be no hitting & no fighting anymore in the NHL to reduce concussions & protect the players, make it a rule & eliminate any confusion.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, that's pretty horrible advice for any walk of life.

Well, if he wants the longest and most profitable NHL career possible, he needs to learn when to shut his yap.

If he wants to be a martyr for tough guys in the NHL and end up playing in the AHL/Europe asap, then keep talkin'.

His choice.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I think this whole thing shows just how disappointing DOPS is right now and what kind of people they have running it. They aren’t interested in fairness or justice etc. They are trying to scapegoat some individuals to lay the blame on when the league turns and pretends to be addressing the concussion issue. You know, lawsuits and all.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I'm quite sure that everyone would like to have competent hockey players on the ice but the definition of competent will be arguable on here. Was Anderson competent last yr? Is Wideman or Paajarvi competent? There are a number of players on this roster that it could be argued that are not competent besides Boro. Every team has about 25 players they dress over the course of a yr & are all 25 competent for every team? Probably not, depending on your definition & if you check Ottawa's injury list you will see numerous injured players so they are beyond their 25 players & working on about 30 players this yr, if not more, playing at one point or another. Once we get into the minor league players are those players competent? Is Carey competent? What about Dunmont & DiDo last yr? Did you enjoy watching those competent players last yr?

People may hate on Boro but the guy works hard on every shift doing the best he can, trying to prevent goals against & help his goalie. He's a 3rd pairing stay at home D asked by his coach to break plays up before they get into his D zone, he is doing the best he can to play a system the coach wants him to play. He made the NHL with his big hits & willingness to fight anyone, he's not a poke checker, he's a hitter. He doesn't angle guys off the puck, he separates them from the puck, that's his game, that's what got him here, that's what has made him a millionaire, that's what management has said they love about his game, regardless that he plays on the line. His teammates seem to love him, the coach seems to like him since he plays him so much & management & some fans also like him being from this area. He's an honest player & a good guy & while some may not think he is competent, the fact that he has made it to the NHL the best league in the world that only employs around 1,000 players & he has become a millionaire playing the game for several yrs tells me he might be a lot more competent than the majority of hockey players in the world.

Much of this was and is still said about EK... yet....

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Well, if he wants the longest and most profitable NHL career possible, he needs to learn when to shut his yap.

If he wants to be a martyr for tough guys in the NHL and end up playing in the AHL/Europe asap, then keep talkin'.

His choice.
I hope he continues to run his mouth.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I just can't stand him anymore.

Gassed after every shift. Cannot play defense. Selfishly goes for hits. No offense provided. Throws dirty hits.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He is a foundational player. How dare fans criticize this building block in D'ohrion's plans?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
meh...he is a #7D for most NHL teams. Problem is mostly how he is being deployed by Boucher. He never should've been on the ice in the last minute of the game like that.

he f***ing wears an A

it goes a lot deeper than just boucher playing him too much

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
meh...he is a #7D for most NHL teams. Problem is mostly how he is being deployed by Boucher. He never should've been on the ice in the last minute of the game like that.
Agree, and why was he? The coach made the decision and I don't understand with the lack of attendence and coaching staff being so awful how they even have a job.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Agree, and why was he? The coach made the decision and I don't understand with the lack of attendence and coaching staff being so awful how they even have a job.
The person who shouldnt have the job is the GM. He has tried to waive two players he gave an extenasion to in the last 2 years... The GM is responsible for the dreadful d core that this team dresses and forces the coach to play players that belong no where near that situation. Not that the coaching has been great but from a defensive deployment standpoint his options are pretty horrid.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->