Ottabot City
gettyimages-666787244.jpg

=

1-krusty-the-clown.jpg

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I’m not sure what he was supposed to do differently on that play except poke check? You simply cannot hit someone with their head down.
Morons coaches are going to start teaching kids to keep their head down while carrying the puck because nobody’s allowed to body check you.
I exaggerate it but man, he could have let up? Hugged him? What exactly?

Reactions: robsenz

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I didn’t like the hit mind you. I really didn’t. But I’m also not sure what Boro should do differently.
Eakin put himself in a horrible position during an NHL game. Playing in the NHL is dangerous.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think it's more a bruised ego thing. A player like Boro has to know better than to speak out against the league in any way, shape, or form. When you're a nobody or on a small market team, the odds will be stacked against you and none of the big guys in the league will tolerate any insolence.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
JO is right, if you can't hit a player anymore when his head is down then just don't hit anyone anymore. NHL is turning into house league hockey.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I honestly don't think it deserved more than a game. After watching it a few more times it seems like what you'd consider a pure hockey hit, but the guy was obviously watching the puck and put himself in a bad position so there should be responsibility on his part. And with Carrier getting away scott-free with almost decapitating Chabot, I find this hard to swallow even if I'm no fan of Boro.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I honestly don't think it deserved more than a game. After watching it a few more times it seems like what you'd consider a pure hockey hit, but the guy was obviously watching the puck and put himself in a bad position so there should be responsibility on his part. And with Carrier getting away scott-free with almost decapitating Chabot, I find this hard to swallow even if I'm no fan of Boro.

Agreed. I don't care that Boro is missing games, but 3 seems like a bit much especially when Carrier got absolutely nothing.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Boro’s comments were right about Gallagher’s hit on him. Should have been a penalty and reviewed by d.o.p.s.

Reactions: slamigo

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
If he is in a dangerous position you cannot hit him, same thing with boarding.

As somebody currently on the tail end of a concussion, I can assure you that nobody will be taught to keep their head down.
And yet I see countless players turning their backs along the boards so that they can’t be checked. It used to be that only an idiot would turn their back near the boards. Now they know that nobody will hit them and if they do get hit, it’s a penalty.
I guess Boro could have just laid up a bit instead of going for the big hit. The bottom line is that when you’re on the ice, you’ve got a pretty good idea usually if a guy is really vulnerable. Maybe now the onus is on the hitter to determine that before making the hit? But they need to explain it and call it consistently. Gallagher nearly took Boro’s head off and DOPS didn’t look twice.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It's not about Boro but it's about consistency and fairness. Who your owner or GM is, what your team logo and colours are and who you are or your reputation as a player shouldn't matter.

Just a few recent ones:

What about the solid glove punch to face of Formenton. He was concussed. Boro defending the goal crease and goaltender was worth a suspension just for raising his fore arm against a late rushing eager young player who contributed to his injury concussion by his own momentum. Yet.... lets see....what does causing a concussion by punching a Sens kid get you? Any penalty? Any review? Any suspension?
Nope!

Remember the extremely hard hit on Paajarvi right in the back resulting in a major face plant into the glass. What's the difference if the head hits glass, boards or a guy's body part especially when it's carrying the momentum and weight of some 220lb monster behind it? His head took a major hit! There was blood! Any penalty? Any review? Any suspension?
Nope!

What about Boro having his head drilled against the back boards by Gallagher vs Mtl? You can't say that wasn't planned head shot or deliberate. Any penalty, any review? Any suspension?
Nope!

What about the play where Lajoie is caught deep pinching and chases back to catch up what does he get for his effort? An elbow right in the kisser! There was blood! The ref watched the whole thing. Any penalty? Any review? Any suspension?
Nope!

What about Chabot getting drilled in the back near the back boards on a late hit and he hit his head on the boards. Chabot looked out of it for a few seconds. It was a very dangerous unnecessary play.
Any penalty? Any review? Any suspension?
Nope!

Lets get real. Something stinks!

When the shoes on the other foot just ask. Any penalty? Any review? Any suspension? More often than not the answer is ... Nope

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Boro’s comments were right about Gallagher’s hit on him. Should have been a penalty and reviewed by d.o.p.s.

Marchand absolutely clocked him from behind in the first matchup too. Not even so much as a penalty.

Boro has gotten shafted by the league this season.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Shouldn't be a suspension but the league/refs have been turning a blind eye to dirty plays on our players all year, so no surprise...That being said dont mind Boro out the lineup one bit, as long as Boucher's prodigal son doesn't see an increase of TOI....

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Not a Boro fan but there should have been no penalty let alone a suspension

I hope he appeals it, just so the league will lose face if the arbitrator reduces it or eliminates it

Reactions: bert

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He’s got a rep now unfortunately. I’m just happy Wolanin gets a bit of a shot now.

Unfortunately?

Anything that keeps Boro away from playing time is fortunate.

The only unfortunate part about it is that it only happens when the league mandates it.

Last edited:
Reactions: InAbsensia

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I don't like the suspension, but I think if you're not protecting yourself you deserve to be laid out.

I'm still holding out hope that the NHL doesn't turn into women's hockey . . . but I don't think I'm going to be happy about it all in the coming years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->