Ugliest Equipment?

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Always hated the way Graf things look.....

graf-supra-g45-sr-equipment-combo-9.jpg

graf-ultra-g35-sr-ice-hockey-skates-10-model-4.jpg

MattGTI

Dec 4, 2010
Milford
1. Tommy Soderstroms Jofa goalie helmet/cage
2. Kelly Hrudeys goalie helmet/cage
3. Any candy cane tape job
4. Rod Brind'amour

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Mission stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6bzEJEH7po

I have this exact helmet in the same color, my first reaction when I saw an image of it was, "wow, that things looks so aggressive and the vents are massive,". I suppose you could call it ugly, aggressive, different etc.

Seriously though, it's so much better than my Reebok 5K helmet (which was a good overall) in terms of ventilation that I could care less what others say. In fact, I've had a few people notice it since it's distinctive and asked about where I purchased it.

The fact that it's got around 25+ vents and a sweatband built-in blows me away it's not used by NHL players in mass; they're always sweating bullets and wiping their visors, which isn't nearly as much as a problem with the Mission Inhaler. (I've seen picture of NHL players using the older Mission helmets though).

So, I'd have to disagree for at least this Mission helmet being ugly. I think it looks unique and aggressive; more importantly it keeps me cooler than any other helmet and the sweat out of my face and off my visor.

to each his or her own opinion I guess.
:hit:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6bzEJEH7po

I have this exact helmet in the same color, my first reaction when I saw an image of it was, "wow, that things looks so aggressive and the vents are massive,". I suppose you could call it ugly, aggressive, different etc.

Seriously though, it's so much better than my Reebok 5K helmet (which was a good overall) in terms of ventilation that I could care less what others say. In fact, I've had a few people notice it since it's distinctive and asked about where I purchased it.

The fact that it's got around 25+ vents and a sweatband built-in blows me away it's not used by NHL players in mass; they're always sweating bullets and wiping their visors, which isn't nearly as much as a problem with the Mission Inhaler. (I've seen picture of NHL players using the older Mission helmets though).

So, I'd have to disagree for at least this Mission helmet being ugly. I think it looks unique and aggressive; more importantly it keeps me cooler than any other helmet and the sweat out of my face and off my visor.

to each his or her own opinion I guess.
:hit:

i'm pretty sure NHL players aren't allowed to wear mission helmets since mission doesn't have a licensing agreement with the league. they haven't made ice hockey equipment since bauer bought them out several years ago

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
i'm pretty sure NHL players aren't allowed to wear mission helmets since mission doesn't have a licensing agreement with the league. they haven't made ice hockey equipment since bauer bought them out several years ago

Interesting, but since Mission is owned by Bauer and the Mission Inhaler Helmet is both HECC and CSA certified maybe in the future it could be used if players wanted to use it.

How exactly do professionals pick and choose their equipment? I assume all the major brands supply the teams and regular players simply pick and choose whatever they want free-of-charge. Other players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Chara, Towes, etc. have endorsements and can choose from the brands that sign with them. Is that about right?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Interesting, but since Mission is owned by Bauer and the Mission Inhaler Helmet is both HECC and CSA certified maybe in the future it could be used if players wanted to use it.

How exactly do professionals pick and choose their equipment? I assume all the major brands supply the teams and regular players simply pick and choose whatever they want free-of-charge. Other players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Chara, Towes, etc. have endorsements and can choose from the brands that sign with them. Is that about right?

i'm pretty sure a player could wear the mission inhaler helmet but they would just have to erase the mission logo on the front. similar to what teemu selanne does with his jofa helmets, since jofa is no longer around which means no license with the league

in regards to how players choose equipment, i really don't know too much on the subject. all i know is that bauer, easton, reebok, ccm, and warrior are the only brands that NHL players are allowed to wear and endorse as they have NHL licenses

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
in regards to how players choose equipment, i really don't know too much on the subject. all i know is that bauer, easton, reebok, ccm, and warrior are the only brands that NHL players are allowed to wear and endorse as they have NHL licenses

Is Jagr still using Combat sticks and gloves?

3.jpg

940-jagr-jaromir.jpg

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
i'm pretty sure a player could wear the mission inhaler helmet but they would just have to erase the mission logo on the front. similar to what teemu selanne does with his jofa helmets, since jofa is no longer around which means no license with the league

in regards to how players choose equipment, i really don't know too
much on the subject. all i know is that bauer, easton, reebok, ccm, and warrior are the only brands that NHL players are allowed to wear and endorse as they have NHL licenses

And Sherwood, graf, stx, eagle, maybe tackla, and numerous goalie brands such as Vaughn and Brian's

intangible

Apr 28, 2010
Worst helmet in the NHL right now has to be Handzus and that stupid old school CCM he's wearing.

michal-handzus-long-hair.jpg

He wore the updated CCM in LA.. not sure why he went back to that hunk of junk.

And before any old schoolers come in and say it's cool, not everything retro is cool. That CCM definitely isn't.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Worst helmet in the NHL right now has to be Handzus and that stupid old school CCM he's wearing.

michal-handzus-long-hair.jpg

He wore the updated CCM in LA.. not sure why he went back to that hunk of junk.

And before any old schoolers come in and say it's cool, not everything retro is cool. That CCM definitely isn't.

not really sure how anyone could say that the classic CCM HT2 helmet is "junk"

that is the classic North American players helmet and has been a staple in hockey for 40 years now. besides all that, the helmet itself is not even close to being ugly like those old jofa buckets. handzus and s. thornton are the only players wearing that classic CCM now that smyth retired

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->