Ugliest Car Ever

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
In Japan cars over 13 years old face punitive taxes, so it's easy to find cheap cars to export at that point almost regardless of model. But for the same reason the market for older classics is different.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
To me the old Toyota vans had character which is not something you can say about some of the more recent vehicles.

0f9da10acc8bf60830ba4137e33ceda0.jpg

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I actually didn't mind the Prowler. It must feel weird to drive with the front wheels a football field's length in front of the driver, but I honestly thought of all the weird shit Dodge did around that time the Prowler was actually kinda cool.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Would be hard for me to single out a car I consider the ugliest ever.. but one of the ugliest cars I rode in personally, was the Chevy Monza (probably a very late 70s model). As stupid as this sounds, it was basically a Pinto wannabe.

Reactions: JMCx4

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I would buy a Type R in a heartbeat if it looked halfway decent and I could find sufficiently good winter tires for it.

But at my age, there's simply no way I could buy a car that looks like that.
Have you seen the 2022?

I might get one. There's really not much out there that ticks all my boxes (Japanese/Manual/semi Affordable). If the 86 wasn't completely gutless I would go that route and if the Supra offered a manual transmission I would go that route.

MAKE A f***ING MANUAL SUPRA TOYOTA.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Have you seen the 2022?

I might get one. There's really not much out there that ticks all my boxes (Japanese/Manual/semi Affordable). If the 86 wasn't completely gutless I would go that route and if the Supra offered a manual transmission I would go that route.

MAKE A f***ING MANUAL SUPRA TOYOTA.

WRX STI maybe? You may not want AWD though.

You can get them with the low spoilers now, and the STI isn't even offered with an auto tranny AFAIK.

Reactions: ZDH

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
WRX STI maybe? You may not want AWD though.

You can get them with the low spoilers now, and the STI isn't even offered with an auto tranny AFAIK.
I was close to getting an STi for my daily driver, but then I found the Manual Audi S4 I was looking for.

Without the garish spoiler they used to come with, the STi isn't a bad ride!

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I was close to getting an STi for my daily driver, but then I found the Manual Audi S4 I was looking for.

Without the garish spoiler they used to come with, the STi isn't a bad ride!

I test-drove one the other day; unfortunately it had the horrible spoiler but I wasn't going to buy it anyways. The clutch felt a little firmer than the base model's but the base model has a light clutch so that's not unexpected. The ride is firmer as well, which is also to be expected.

Overall, I wish they were cheaper because other than the spoiler I liked the STI version. But I'm not paying circa $40K for that car, I can't justify that when I currently WFH and will likely continue to do so for the foreseeable future. A base model, on the other hand, may be in the cards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad