Ugliest Car Ever

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
We have all seen unsightly vehicles. Vehicles that just don't look good.

However, it seems that every generation has vehicles so ugly, they almost get labeled as abominations.

What car in your view is the ugliest ever, or simply the ugliest you have seen?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My Top (or Bottom) 5 Nominees ...

1955 BMW Isetta

1955-BMW-Isetta.jpg

1974 Sebring-Vanguard CitiCar

1974-Sebring-Vanguard-CitiCar.jpg

1996 Suzuki X-90

1996-Suzuki-X-90.jpg

1998 Fiat Multipla

1998-Fiat-Multipla.jpg

2013 Youabian Puma

2013-Youabian-Puma.jpg

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
That X-90 doesn't have stock wheels/tires on it, so it does look a little worse than usual.

The Citicar looks like a door wedge

The Fiat Multiplia looks like they built a car, ran out of parts for the top half, found another car nearby and say "eh, it fits. Close enough."

The Isetta? Take that sentence back. I would daily drive it if I had one in my garage, even if it has (checks notes) 12 or 13 hp.

Reactions: JMCx4

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
That "Straight Outta StarFox" truck idea that Elon Musk came up with months ago immediately comes to mind.

I expected a "just kidding, here's the real truck" moment as I watched the unveiling.

I think the window getting shattered during a demonstration, sort of perfectly summed up what we were seeing.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
The Pontiac Transport is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen. I also hated the sound of its engine.

Just horrible childhood memories thinking of that vehicle.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... The Isetta? Take that sentence back. I would daily drive it if I had one in my garage, even if it has (checks notes) 12 or 13 hp.
Couldn't you buy a lawn tractor instead & have something useful to show for your money?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think this is subjective but of the mass produced ones in recent memory I would think the Aztec has to be up there

az-556d57ee3de9f.jpg

It had the bonus of maybe killing you if you were dumb enough to run to engine while in the camper.

2001-Pontiac-Aztek-and-concept-Aztek.jpg

Reactions: tacogeoff and JMCx4

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I can't be the only one who thinks the Nissan Cube looks horrific.

I also hate the Citroën GT.

I think its its rear end that ruins it for me.

Definitely one of the ugliest supercars that come to mind.

Chrysler PT Cruiser. Some love it. To me, it's the translation of what vomit would look like, if it were to be transformed into vehicle form. It would also be Turquoise or doo doo brown, for that very reason.

Reactions: The Redditeer

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I can't be the only one who thinks the Nissan Cube looks horrific.

I also hate the Citroën GT.

I think its its rear end that ruins it for me.

Definitely one of the ugliest supercars that come to mind.

Chrysler PT Cruiser. Some love it. To me, it's the translation of what vomit would look like, if it were to be transformed into vehicle form. It would also be Turquoise or doo doo brown, for that very reason.

Both of these got a vote in my first post

I think I'm also going to have to add the Fiat 500L and Renault Avantime (the rear is is especially hideous) now that I've had more time to think about it

While I'm here, any version of the Renault Espace can go on the list too

Reactions: The Redditeer

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
You can also entertain the backseat passenger by letting them know that the hydrogen tank is located right under the seat.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Someone parked a Fiat 500L in front of my house the other day and the only thing I could think is what possessed someone to go to a dealer and say "THAT is what I want".

2020-fiat-500l-gallery-exterior-8.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad