OT: UFC Returning to Vancouver for UFC174

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would be nice to see Pettis vs Aldo here, though I doubt it happens.

Yeah I think they would do that fight on the July 4th card.

I think a realistic but good option would be a Barao title fight with a JDS v Overeem co-main.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
probably gonna get another weak card again.. looking forward to see lesnar last time but injured..

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Even though the last card here sucked on paper the fights were actually good.

I'm glad UFC is coming back...

Not even a UFC fan but such bogus that no politician wanted them here because of the 'hooligans'. Just as many hooligans at hockey and no one has a problem with that...we even had a bloody riot for god sakes.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So it sounds like the main event will be Demetrious Johnson vs. Ali Baugatinov, with Rory MacDonald vs. Tyron Woodley (number 1 contenders match?) as the co-main event.

Undercard looks uninteresting to me. In fact, I'm not really interested in the Flyweight championship at all. The MacDonald fight should be interesting, but given the fighters recent fights I expect Woodley to win this one.

Anyone planning to go? Pre-sale begins tomorrow, and through my work I saw tickets in the club section to range between $200-400. Probably going to pass on this one.

bo2shink*

Quick, prepare the city for the onslaught of skytrain cheats clad in Ed Hardy!!

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I agree, no GSP and no Silva is a huge blow for the UFC, but they do have some other good fighters worth watching.

Honestly all of the women's fights I've watched have either been fight of the night's or fight of the night candidates, though I doubt we see Rousey take another quick turnaround. Maybe we can get a Miesha Tate fight on the card though?

its disgusting I hate watching women fight. I stopped watching the UFC after women started showing up on the fight cards...

Slashy McSlewfoot

Aug 17, 2005
After the last GSP fight I have lost interest in the UFC especially since they let girls fight in it now, thats just disgusting and not right.

its disgusting I hate watching women fight. I stopped watching the UFC after women started showing up on the fight cards...

Yeah, you've already informed everybody in the thread you dislike woman's MMA and don't watch UFC anymore. So if you're not going to answer the posts asking you WHY you dislike it and find it "disgusting", maybe you should GTFO.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Looks like they're also adding Arlovski vs Bader.

I bought some good tickets in 323. Use code CANADA.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
I got tickets 308 row 2 for 118 with tax ect not to bad. Flyweights are fast paced a usually pretty good.
Really excited for Woodley vs Macdonald as Woodley is one of my favorite fighters.
Tate vs someone would be alright to add.
Arlovski will be interesting to see takes me back to when I first started watching.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The small weight classes are tough to watch live, it's hard to tell what's going on. That said, the card is shaping up nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad