Heavyweight bout: Arjan Bhullar vs. Adam Wieczorek
Bantamweight bout: Matthew Lopez vs. Alejandro Pérez
Bantamweight bout: Luke Sanders vs. Patrick Williams​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pretty fun card here.

I hope Gaethje can get a win here, I just find him so fun to watch that I want him at the top of the division. Poirier is fine and has improved a bunch so it wouldn't surprise me to win this one, but I'll be cheering for Gaethje.

Credit to Oliveira for stepping up here. This will really be a test to see where Condit is at as Oliveira is right on the fringes of the ranked guys in the division. Oliveira is a big favorite here, but I think you could do worse than throwing some money down on Condit at +175 or whatever.

I mean, what is there to say about Adesanya? Main card on Fox, lets see something fun here.

I really like Carlos Jr to beat Boetsch. Even at -270 or whatever, bet big there.

Some competitive fights as well all over the main card and prelims.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Agreed. This is a good card.

The top two fights should be fun but I'm most excited to watch Adesanya again. I can't believe they're burying my guy Arjan Bhullar on the Fight Pass prelims.

Reactions: amj h

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I get that Gaethje is an action fighter and that he throws everything with bad intentions and reckless abandon, but he's got so many holes in his game. He's just not very good and seems incredibly dumb from the interviews I've seen. The Alvarez KO wasn't really even a knockout as much as it was Gaethje ran out of gas and fell over. If he wants to do anything in the UFC he's got to tighten up his overall game, work on his conditioning, get back to wrestling where he has an advantage, and stop trading shots with guys. There are far better punchers than he, so trading with them is just not very smart.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Credit to Oliveira for stepping up here. Oliveira is a big favorite here, but I think you could do worse than throwing some money down on Condit at +175 or whatever.
This exactly what I came to post. I was very surprised to see Condit was a pretty substantial underdog.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think Casey takes that one, 29-28.

EDIT: Waterson gets the split decision.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Those elbows to the back of the head looked pretty illegal to me

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Damn, Condit was gushing blood.

Olivera with the submission win. Great job by him.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Good lord, Poirier teeing off on Gaethje.

Poirier 10-9

Gatethje better find some defense. He did have some great leg shots on Poirier.

EDIT: Gaethje still investing in the leg kicks, but I think he lost another round.

Poirier outlanding him, 2 to 1

I've got it, 20-18 Poirier.

Gaethje trying to make it a war of attrition.

EDIT: Each guy trying to take hammer home on the "hurt" body spot on the other. For Poirier, he is constantly attacking Gatethje's left eye. And for Gaethje, he is attacking the legs of Poirier.

EDIT: Gaethje another eye poke on Poirier. This time Herb Dean takes away a point. That's huge. Gaethje is probably gonna need a finish to win this one.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I dunno, that round was pretty even. You could see it either way. That's the way I would score it. 10-10 but with the deduction, 10-9 Poirier. I have it 30-27 Poirier.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Poirier knocks him out. Not a surprise. You can't take that many shots and survive.

Gatethje's style has got him the spotlight, but he is gonna have to go back to the drawing board and do more than brawl all the time.

Poirier with the TKO.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I always wonder what Gaethje is going to be like later in life. Guy takes so many shots to the head every fight and has pretty much zero striking defence.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The main event delivered and was everything I was hoping for. Time to do the Poirier/Alvarez rematch now.

The Condit/Oliveira fight was crazy. Another 5-10 seconds and Condit probably gets the finish in the first round but instead he gets submitted in the second. Big win for Oliveira.

I thought Adesanya looked really good early on but Vettori was able to take all of his shots. Not a bad win but I was expecting more.

Good win for Waterson against a tough opponent. I figured Casey would be too tough and strong for her but Waterson was actually able to get the takedowns and stay in control on the ground for the most part.

Couple of good finishes on the prelims.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
With 4 straight losses, Condit is now 2 - 7 in his last 9 fights

I could see him packing it in very soon

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Gaethje is about as dumb as it gets. He's a world class wrestler, but never uses his base skill. Instead he trades punches and the guys in the UFC are far higher level than the bag of crap he fought before. He simply doesn't have the ability to eat punch after punch and expect to win.

He's been knocked stiff his last two fights, and really had Michael Johnson not punched himself tired, would have lost that one as well. Time for this guy to wake up and start mixing in some wrestling for once. If he doesn't, he's going to lose way more than he wins.

Reactions: ConorMcGregor

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Well at least he'll always be known as just the 2nd guy in UFC history to be submitted by omoplata!

Haha. That was disappointing. He's pretty good at getting the fight to the ground but didn't look all that great after he got it there.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Gaethje reminds me of when Homer becomes a boxer and lets guys tire themselves out by punching him in the head and then he just pushes them over. Not an effective strategy in the UFC, though. They are exciting fights, but I'm not sure how many more times I want to see it. He needs to mix things up. In a perfect world, we finally get to see Khabib vs. Tony and they run Poirier vs. Alvarez back. Winners face each other....assuming Conor is going to be out for a while.

Props to Cowboy. Took the fight on short notice and got the finish, but it might be time for Condit to hang 'em up. Somehow he's only 33, but he's got some miles on him. I was hoping to see him and Brown and have both ride off into the sunset after an epic final fight.

Was expecting more from Adesanya. I think he was clearly the better fighter, but not the showcase I'm sure the UFC was hoping for with him.

Waterson/Casey fight was interesting. One of those fights where the winner was in better position and therefore 'won' the fight, but Waterson was in danger of being stopped several times and never really had Casey in trouble. Waterson is just too small to compete with the top fighters in that division. Besides maybe Esparza, I would be legitimately concerned for her health if she fought anyone above her. Probably a number of fighters below her, too.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad