PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Niko Price vs. George Sullivan
Featherweight bout: Austin Arnett vs. Cory Sandhagen

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Decent card.

Really interested in seeing how Jacare bounces back here, and Brunson is a tough out.

Bermudez always has exciting fights and I think he should be table to take care of Fili.

Gillespie is a good prospect. Green v Koch is a fun fight. Mirsad Bektic might be a top guy in his division who just couldn't finish off another top guy in Elkins, looking forward to his fight. Vinc Pichel might be decent too - looked good in his first fight back. Niko Price is a good finisher.

Nothing really crazy on the card, just a bunch of guys that I'm interested to see where they are at.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I had it 29-28 for Bermudez.

That was another strong performance for Gillespie. Nice KO for Bektic earlier as well.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice head kick and finish. Good bounce back for Jacare after the Whittaker loss.

I don't have an issue with that stoppage. Brunson fell to the mat three separate times there.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Huge win by Jacare. Brunson looks like a world beater against lesser competition, but he can't seem to get it done against the top guys in the division.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's pretty crazy how middleweight became such a loaded division after the fall of Anderson Silva without people really noticing. I mean Bisping being a terrible champ and holding up the division definitely contributed. But Yoel, Jacare, Whittaker, Rockhold and Weidman is about as top heavy as it gets. Only lightweight is comparable in that regard.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Lightweight is strong from top to bottom and inside & outside the UFC. but Middleweight is a top heavy division with a weird middle and bottom.

It's a the division filled with weirdly put-together fighters and completely weird fights. Bisping being champion was sort of the best representation of the middle tier of middleweight division. A lot of middleweight fights not including the Top 10 fighters feels like a circus.

Personally, i think Bantamweight is quickly becoming the 2nd most loaded and deep division.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice win for Jacare. I figured he would get the job done, but Brunson has done well lately so I was a bit hesitant.

I didn't have Fili winning that fight, but it was close. At one point I thought Bermudez would be pushing on a title shot, but you can't be having close fights with guys like Fili and be a top ten fighter.

Gillespie looked awesome. Need to see a jump in competition next, but you have to like what he's shown in every UFC fight so far.

Dober/Camacho & Green/Koch were both fun fights, though not sure how much relevance we really saw.

Bektic looked great. Vicious finish - you don't usually see guys drop like that.

Oh, and the woman's fights were absolutely terrible.. AGAIN. Brutal that they are pushing more divisions and more fighters when the talent level is just trash.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Brunson just goes out there with his chin exposed like he's trying to get on girls gone wild. Whitaker broke him.

I bet against him on this one, his power is real but he's destined to be a gatekeeper who wrecks mid tier guys and gets wrecked by top tier guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad