Women’s Bantamweight bout: Zarah Fairn Dos Santos vs. Josiane Nunes
Bantamweight bout: Tony Gravely vs. Anthony Birchak
Lightweight bout: Austin Hubbard vs. Dakota Bush​

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Espino vs Romanov is going to be extremely my shit

Dakota’s nickname is hairy lol

If Klose fights like he did against Dariush the co-main will be fun. It will be as fun as he allows it to be

main is obvs sweet, should be some great boxing

Vanilla Gorilla vs Arlovski is a thing. Sherman has looked good since being cut from his first stint in the ufc. His fight against Coulter a few years back is why I watch early prelims lol. I don’t think he gets past the gatekeeper though. I hope he does though, seems like a funny dude

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19 and 16Skippy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How the f*** is Romanov on the undercard?

Get your shit together UFC.

Couple of good woman's prospects on the undercard on this one.

I’ve been waiting for the forearm choke vs scarfhold since the second they made the fight and they put it on the undercard. The disrespect!

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Weak card for ESPN. There's enough there I will probably check in before the main event, but nothing of real consequence to any division outside of the main event.

Maybe they didn't think it was worth going up against the classic in the making Askren-Paul :laugh:

Reactions: CDJ and Chaels Arms

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So we are all hoping Askren has no intention of boxing and dumps him on his head, right?

I feel like he can be convinced if we do a GoFundMe that pays him in crypto

Reactions: 16Skippy

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Do they cut bait with Stephens if he loses? Would make 5 in a row, though 4 were against killers at featherweight

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
So we are all hoping Askren has no intention of boxing and dumps him on his head, right?

I feel like he can be convinced if we do a GoFundMe that pays him in crypto

I'm not...

If Askren wanted to MMA, he shouldn't have agreed to a boxing match

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is one of those cards that doesn't have a ton of name value but has depth and should be pretty good. I feel like we've been saying that quite a bit recently, which probably shouldn't be the case for PPV/ABC/ESPN cards, but I can't complain too much when we get good fights pretty much every week on TV.

Whittaker is a much better fighter than Gastelum so he should win. I hope he looks impressive doing it though so there's no doubt about the next title shot. There aren't a ton of exciting matchups for Adesanya but I'd be down for a rematch because I think Whittaker has a lot more to offer than he showed in the first fight.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I agree, not a great card here. Can we use this as our GDT for Askren v. Paul? lol

I think it might turn out to be a banger honestly. Could see a lot of finishes on this one. Askren duped Paul in to this fight. Thompson has a good take on what it takes to feel constant pressure here.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think it might turn out to be a banger honestly. Could see a lot of finishes on this one. Askren duped Paul in to this fight. Thompson has a good take on what it takes to feel constant pressure here.

There will definitely be some finishes. Mir is getting flattened for sure, as is that singer or whoever he is with one name. I also think Paul smashes Askren but less confident there. Kind of looking forward to it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah injured apparently. Lame.

he apparently suffered it when Stephens pushed him at weigh ins- I just rewatched it and he doesn’t look right after getting pushed, looks like he pulled something

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not going to bother looking for a stream for the Askren thing but I am curious enough to catch highlights of it afterwards. It doesn't seem like Askren is taking this serious at all based on the kind of shape he's in and I'm not sure how much it'd even matter if he did. His best bet might be what I saw Aaron Bronsteter suggesting, which is a lot of clinching early on and then trying to land his shots later. Making Paul carry some of his weight and sorta grappling without actually grappling. Then again, it might be Askren's conditioning that's a worry after how he looks on the scale.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->