GDT: UFC on ESPN: Vettori vs. Cannonier/Bellator 297: Nemkov vs. Romero/PFL 5

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Marvin is very good at getting punched and surviving but not much else. It shows you how much Costa has fallen that even with a weight advantage and not having to worry about cutting he still lost decisively to Vettori.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
For a fight with seemingly little significance in terms of the title picture, what a fight. If you asked me to guess who would break the MW record for significant strikes in a fight, Cannonier would be about my last guess. Should probably start talking about Vettori being in the "Greatest Chins in MMA History" category.

Arman is a terminator. Emotionless, relentless, killer. He does have some holes in his striking which I wonder how it would play against some of the heavy hitters at the top of 155, but I hope we get to see it sooner rather than later. Respect for calling out Chandler, that's probably the toughest matchup for him given Chandler's wrestling. What a bummer that would be for Chandler, though :laugh:. To go from TUF and a fight against McGregor to Arman.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Literally bet Vettori because I was like “oh Vettori is gonna have way more volume than Cannonier, Cannonier just hunts KO’s and won’t be able to keep up with him” and then Cannonier goes out and has the most activity of any Middleweight in the history of the f***in sport

Mma man. Gambling. Smdh..

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Vettori is indescribably tough. He ate some absolute bombs. He's in a difficult spot now because while still young, he's lost decisively to all the top guys in the division. The toughness gets him through lesser opponents but the top guys really have their way with him. Shouldn't be shocking as he's not great anywhere. Grappling is decent, he's always been stiff, short reach, and even though he looks like a tank he has absolutely no power. He has no path to victory against elite competition.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Last night makes me wish we got to see Pereira vs Vettori. Just for the unstoppable force vs immovable object potential. Crazy after all those big shots only once during (I think) the second round did Vettori ever look like he was at risk of being put out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad