GDT: UFC on ESPN: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Dillashaw was going forward last 2 rounds and kept on getting tagged

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great fight. I have it 48-47 Dillashaw with him winning rounds 1,3, and 4. But will be some different cards I'm sure.

Will be interesting what rounds they gave TJ.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Round 4 was definitely the swing round and it was very close.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I disagree with the decision but I'd still give TJ a title shot next. Him vs. Yan could be really fun if it plays out that way.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
that’s not the scoring criteria, especially when you’re countering the entire time

Octagon control is 100% part of the scoring criteria, it's in the unified rules.

I get that everyone hates TJ but in a close fight you are playing with fire if you are the fighter backpedaling for entire rounds at a time. Cory didn't take one step forward in the 5th round.

Cruz saw this decision coming a mile away.

member 51464

I think it was the right call in the final fight. Sandhagen's decision-making seemed pretty suspect.

Props to TJ for saying he'd fight another top 5 guy rather than wait around only for the next title shot. Pretty good return all things considered.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Octagon control is for sure a criteria.

yeah when effective striking isn’t taking place. But it was and that takes precedence

clear example of this going the other way is Moraes winning against Aldo. Forward pressure doesn’t count for a whole lot when you’re just walking into shit

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Octagon control is 100% part of the scoring criteria, it's in the unified rules.

I get that everyone hates TJ but in a close fight you are playing with fire if you are the fighter backpedaling for entire rounds at a time. Cory didn't take one step forward in the 5th round.

Dom saw this decision coming a mile away.

I don't hate TJ. I need to see the significant strikes for each round. Beacuse TJ did a lot if hugging and going forward but not much was catching in those final 2 rounds imo.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
This card delivered! Main event was one hell of a fight.

I thought TJ did enough for the win and showed a ton of heart and grit. Good for him. I'm not a big fan but he fought his ass off and worked through some serious adversity. I had it it 2-2 going into the 5th, leaned towards TJ on the final round but there were 1 or 2 that could've gone either way.

Great fight, Sandhagen's stock didn't go down and I look forward to whatever is next for both of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad