GDT: UFC on ESPN: Reyes vs. Procházka

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I mean she's not going to hop up acting all spry, gotta keep the sell job going. Didn't think it was even good acting, but of course she has to keep up the charade. Slow mo shows her pause and look at both Markos and the referee, so it is what it is. Then she asks her trainer about the result.

Should've been a NC although it was reckless to say the least.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Take two points and let the fouled fighter know she can continue with her opponent getting docked two points or stay down and have the fight end in a NC. I bet if presented with those options she would have magically recovered and continued the fight.

I have no idea if that's allowed but it would seem like we'd arrive at a better result than we got here and with the Yan v. Sterling fight.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
This wouldn't be a problem if those inane 'grounded opponent' rules weren't in place.

There's been plenty of upkick KOs before but since she was on her knees instead of on her feet it's a DQ, just arbitrary nonsense to me.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm fine with the DQ of Markos, that's the right call under the current rules. Stupid rule though.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That’s a good question, I’m sure it’s a case by case basis. Imo he should get his show money
I agree. Especially by missing that much at featherweight. He was so far it’s almost like he didn’t bother so he wouldn’t be depleted

Reactions: CDJ

striker3

Mar 26, 2019
I think Merabs gonna keep racking up exciting decision wins like this until he fights a top 5 opponent then he’s gonna get destroyed.
Was thinking the same thing sans maybe moraes and a younger version of Edgar in the middle of that division

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Strickland could be a problem. Really dislike Cutelaba.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well I’m surprised he survived that initial blitz from Cutelaba with that lack of ground game, that generally bodes well for Ion’s opponents if they do survive the first

member 51464

Cuteleba just wants to knee Jacoby while he is grounded so much, lol.

Also, kind of interesting. If not for the fence grab at the end of round 1, Cuteleba would not have had to take ANY of those strikes. His whole wobbly defensive stance thing is so odd still.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Fun fight. I have it 29-27 Cutelaba, with the 10-8 1st and him taking Round 3. Wouldn't surprise me if we get some wacky scorecards here though.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Felt Giga was very overrated coming into this one but wow, he got after it right away and shut me up. He deserves a high level opponent after that one.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Not sure about the Holloway callout but Kattar is a good name to mention, that's a fun one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->