Women's Bantamweight bout: Aspen Ladd vs. Yana Kunitskaya
Bantamweight bout: Cody Stamann vs. Song Yadong
Bantamweight bout: Rob Font vs. Ricky Simon

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN 5)

Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Tim Means
Featherweight bout: Billy Quarantillo vs. Jacob Kilburn
Featherweight bout: Bryce Mitchell vs. Matt Sayles
Lightweight bout: Joe Solecki vs. Matt Wiman

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Strawweight bout: Virna Jandiroba vs. Mallory Martin
Middleweight bout: Makhmud Muradov vs. Trevor Smith

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
No disrespect to Walt Harris & his situation, but Rozenstruik in there makes this a much more appealing card. Good opportunity for him to jump into the top 10 if he can beat Overeem.

I saw Cynthia Calvillo missed weight again today - not even sure if that fight will happen. Good to see Struve back.

The other 3 fights on the main card are quietly pretty solid, and Alves/Means should be fun. Bryce Mitchell is an intriguing guy to watch as well.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A HW fight with this kind of power involved is usually intriguing. What I saw from Rozenstruik against Arlovski was scary but that's also pretty much all I've seen from him. It feels like this is too soon for him but I also wouldn't be surprised if he KO'd Overeem in the first round. I'm still going to pick Overeem as I think he's more skilled and he'll fight smart.

A few other interesting match ups on the card. Stamann vs. Yadong could be a good one.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Iirc Rozenstruik had problems with Junior Albini (until he eventually got on his feet and head kicked him)

Overeem needs to get this to the ground, if he does I expect a pretty quick submission. If he doesn’t I think he could land on Mars again

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I normally pick the vet when a new comer makes a big jump up in competition, but as I understand it, Rozenstruik is a legit kick boxer. Of course so is Overeem and Overeem would definitely have the advantage on the ground. He's just so susceptible to getting KOed and is 39 years old after having a long, long career in combat sports. I think Rozenstruik will find a way to land at least that one big shot and hurt Overeem.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I normally pick the vet when a new comer makes a big jump up in competition, but as I understand it, Rozenstruik is a legit kick boxer. Of course so is Overeem and Overeem would definitely have the advantage on the ground. He's just so susceptible to getting KOed and is 39 years old after having a long, long career in combat sports. I think Rozenstruik will find a way to land at least that one big shot and hurt Overeem.

You think this guy is going to outstrike Overeem? Maybe... Reem KO'd Badr Hari.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
You think this guy is going to outstrike Overeem? Maybe... Reem KO'd Badr Hari.
Like 10 years and 20 times getting KO'ed ago.

I don't know that he's going to out strike him either, but I think Rozenstruik will find a way to land that 1 big shot over 5 rounds.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I love Tim Means because you can just tell he's clean.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Did Hallmark sponsor this event or what? Megan Olivi looking fine though so whatever.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What a joke

They need to do something about this. These people that have no f***ing clue what they are watching ROB these guys for tens of thousands of dollars

Last edited:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
They are both on steroids. You can tell by their gigantic foreheads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad