GDT: UFC on ESPN: Ngannou vs. Dos Santos

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That went about as expected for me. It's just freakish power. Sometimes, like JDS and Cain, it doesn't even look like Francis really connects and it still puts the lights out. I don't remember the punch that caught Stipe and gave him that shiner, but it's amazing it didn't put him out after seeing Cain and JDS.

I don't know what it is about Francis, but Overeem and JDS, 2 of the best and most experienced strikers in the division, got really sloppy against Francis and it cost them.

Reactions: Gains

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I like both Reem and JDS, but it's fear. Better word is probably apprehension. Both guys threw hesitantly for fear of getting countered. They hesitated, then sloppily overcommitted, then got caught scrambling from there. Ngannou is a scary dude. DC has the perfect style to beat him but as a DC fan I don't think I wanna see it.

Reactions: Gains

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I like both Reem and JDS, but it's fear. Better word is probably apprehension. Both guys threw hesitantly for fear of getting countered. They hesitated, then sloppily overcommitted, then got caught scrambling from there. Ngannou is a scary dude. DC has the perfect style to beat him but as a DC fan I don't think I wanna see it.

With Reem, fear was definitely a factor since Reem is mentally a bully and basically lost any semblance of confidence once he felt the strength of Ngannou in the clinch. With JDS, I think it's the contrary, he wasn't afraid enough. Looks like he felt the need to give one back with a big swing after he got tagged with a good one and just got away from the gameplan of striking Ngannou at a distance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad