GDT: UFC on ESPN: Munhoz vs. Edgar

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good fight. Nice to see Edgar get the win, extremely close one.

Reactions: h2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
FOTN was the main event. That was predictable

Jones and Dobson got the POTN bonuses for their massive upsets.

Sucks that Rodriguez/Grant didn’t get anything, that was a wild 3 minutes. Definitely understandable given those two massive upset finishes tho

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Edgar might be my favourite fighter of all time. I'm glad he won. Munhoz is no joke despite his loss to Sterling.

Thought this was pretty funny. Further highlights how wildly inconsistent the judging is depending on who's on the fight. All three judges only agreed on two rounds, and even on the two that Edgar won they gave him different rounds.

EgEtKvLU8AAwPMS

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Went back to rewatch the 5th round because that’s what it came down to on the two Edgar judges and I think Edgar briefly stunning Munhoz won him that fight. Munhoz has a pretty insane chin, hasn’t been finished yet and he got cracked really clean there by a guy that has KO’s two divisions up

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I had Frankie winning that 3 to 2. I thought it wasn't nearly as close as some people did though. Munoz walked around throwing one shot at a time the whole night and he ate multiple shots from Edgar while trying to load up with his one punch.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Honestly I would love to see Frankie make a run at the title, even this late in his career. It's crazy that this is probably the division he should have been fighting at his whole career, but the opportunity and exposure really wasn't there for it until recently. It's even crazier that he won the LW title fighting guys way bigger than him, beating who many believed at the time to be the GOAT LW, and IMO he won both fights against Benson Henderson (a guy that made Frankie look like a little kid size wise). Even Aldo made Edgar look small. Edgar/Maynard II and III are both in my top 5 fights for the sheer emotion and amazing heart; I remember watching them live at a Local Heroes with my buddy and it was insane. Though maybe that's a bit of nostalgia as I was much more invested in the sport at the time (still love it, but not really the same).

Reactions: CDJ and m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad