GDT: UFC on ESPN: Makhachev vs. Moises

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah about as expected. I think Islam is the best LW in the division already.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
That was a good fight from Islam, but if a smaller LW can push him against the fence like that, I imagine bigger guys will probably have more success. I think tonight Moises showed something that the other LWs are gonna take note. Islam is a good fighter, but he's no Khabib.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That was a good fight from Islam, but if a smaller LW can push him against the fence like that, I imagine bigger guys will probably have more success. I think tonight Moises showed something that the other LWs are gonna take note. Islam is a good fighter, but he's no Khabib.
Moises is pretty stocky, but even still I don't think that he was pushing Islam against the fence like that because he was bullying him. Islam is no Khabib though yeah, they've got some similarities but big differences too.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Moises is pretty stocky, but even still I don't think that he was pushing Islam against the fence like that because he was bullying him. Islam is no Khabib though yeah, they've got some similarities but big differences too.

Well he was definitely strong enough to hold him like that against the fence. I feel like guys like Dariush or RDA would be tough matchups for Islam. He always seems to have tough matchups with those wrestling/grappling types. He's a good fighter, but this fight does not convince me and if anything, he's nowhere near the level that Khabib was on.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
It seems like Islam is far more technical on the feet, and even on the ground. Not saying he's better than Khabib on the ground, but he's a bit more textbook while Khabib can get wild with his brutal GnP

Reactions: Chaels Arms

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
6 bonuses tonight

FOTN: Billy Q vs Moggly

POTN: Tate, Vieira, Gamrot, Nascimento

somebody is starting to feeling the heat on fighter pay lol

Reactions: pistolpete11

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Islam threw more high kicks this fight than Khabib did in his entire career. His striking is already better than Khabib's ever was. I don't think he's ever going to be the mauler Khabib was but he can still be the best fighter in that division with a different skillset. You don't have to be a Khabib clone to be a champion.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Tate, Islam, Vieira and Gamrot all were great tonight. They all won how you would expect but in very convincing ways.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Chandler vs Gaethje
RDA vs Makhachev
Hooker vs Gregor
Ferguson vs Diaz

:)

Where did you throw Dariush? The Bermuda triangle? This is what I see happening:

Poirier vs Oliveira (End of this year)
Chandler vs Gaethje (Probably in the next two months and it will likely be for a title shot)
Dariush vs Makhachev (Either end of this year or early next year)

Winner of Chandler/Gaethje faces the winner of Poirier/Oliveira in the spring of 2022, and the winner of Dariush/Makhachev faces whoever comes out the winner of those 4 guys in the summer of 2022.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I think Islam could probably do better than RDA tbh, but I like that he wants to keep active and earn a shot instead of sitting on his ass.

Meisha looked good. They could probably give her someone inside the top 10 now like the Veira-McMann winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad