GDT: UFC on ESPN: Kattar vs. Ige

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Kattar is a boxer mostly from what he has said. Those guys don't gas. It's a good betting tip when it comes to fighting. Especially when they are light and long.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
His nose has been busted since round 1. Kattar is a contender.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
49-46 Kattar, Ige likely takes Rd2 only.

Ige is a durable guy but he had nothing for Kattar. Looks a tier below Kattar.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kattar should get someone in the top five once those fights play out. He showed he belonged against Zabit too and that fight might’ve gone differently if it was five rounds.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
FOTN was Alhassan vs Lazzez. Alhassan can’t collect for missing weight so they chose 3 POTN

Bukauskas, Murphy, Chimaev

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The boxing in Kattar/Holloway would be god tier

I’m hoping they give Kattar a fight with Holloway next. Gotta showcase this guys standup. Even his loss to Zabit he looked pretty good and i think it might’ve been a much different look at 5 rounds. Kattar just doesn’t tire out apparently.

perfect time for it. Holloway coming off a loss gets knocked down a peg, Kattar been chewing up those ranked below him now deserves a fighter ranked slightly higher. Neither will get a title fight from it but it could put the winner into a contenders match

Reactions: m9 and Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Ige might have taken a round, but that fight was never really in doubt. Kattar was constantly pressuring and landed the bigger shots. I think Bisping called it out, but Kattar needed to cut off the cage better. Part of that is props to Ige for getting on his bike, but sometimes it seemed like Kattar was just letting him out.

I don't know what I would do with Kattar. Max is the logical choice as of today, I guess, but honestly, I don't think Kattar is on Max's level at this point. I'd like to see Zombie-Ortega and Yair-Zabit play out first before matching Max or Kattar up with anyone. Especially if Ortega beats Zombie, how the hell do you not make Max-Zombie?

Ige seems kind of undersized at 145. I wonder if he could make 135? I don't know how well he matches up with the top guys in 135 either, but it would be a little bit more even, I think.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I like Yair vs Kattar. Both got past resident gatekeeper Jeremy Stephens recently, put them in there with each other

two different styles of striking but it would be a bang fest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad