GDT: UFC on ESPN: Hermansson vs. Vettori

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Kind of a wasted opportunity to promote yourself after the fight, gotta watch the potty mouth when you’re on tv. Vettori is a great fighter to watch though, I’d love to see him vs Till.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
just checked the OSP vs Hill fight on youtube. honestly, OSP fought better than most of his fights. It's just the man is 37 and was never really a good technical or even a good fundamentally-sound fighter. He's like a video game character who focused on mastering 2-3 specific moves (a leg kick, a headkick and a von flu) and has E stats on everything else.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love the Costa call out front Vettori

FOTN was obviously the main event

POTN went to Leavitt and Benitez. Also said he would be rewarding Hill and Topuria

Has no idea how Chris Lee scored it for Allan and that a 51 year old woman who is a teacher that he knows has no idea wtf Chris Lee was watching

Reactions: Chaels Arms

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dana also says about 60 cuts are coming in the next few weeks. Talked about how Romero has lost 4 of 5 and is old (in other words he makes too much money and will beat the up and comers)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
just checked the OSP vs Hill fight on youtube. honestly, OSP fought better than most of his fights. It's just the man is 37 and was never really a good technical or even a good fundamentally-sound fighter. He's like a video game character who focused on mastering 2-3 specific moves (a leg kick, a headkick and a von flu) and has E stats on everything else.

He just looked slow tonight. Whether that's age or something else, who knows. The weight cut is definitely a hint that something was off.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I saw a thumbnail for Marvin’s post fight press conference and he looked like Thug Rose had turned into a Monstar

Reactions: Chaels Arms

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hermansson isn't a very good striker and Vettori has good TDD and a good ground game of his own. I said what happened in the fight was a real possibility, so I'm not surprised by the result. I was impressed with his cardio, though. He wasn't training for a 5 round fight and I thought he was gassed in the 3rd. But he got a second wind and brought it in the 4th and 5th. Good win. He's a good, well rounded fighter, but I'm still not sure how good he is. He doesn't seem to have anything that really sticks out as something that his opponents need to watch out for.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I was really impressed by Vettori last night. Once again Vegas was right and I was wrong. Lol. Vettori was absolutely masterful at being like a half inch out of Hermansson's range, then immediately countering with straight punches. That's hard to do when you have a reach disadvantage. Vettori seemed to have a pretty distinct speed, power, and chin advantage, and he had no issue with Hermansson's grappling or pace/cardio, which were probably the two biggest concerns going in.

All that said, I can't disagree with the point above. Nothing really jumps off the page with him. You don't watch him and say, "Oh this is the guy to beat Adesanya." But I do think he's one of if not the most sellable fight for Adesanya at 185 right now.

I know he called out Costa post-fight but he has since changed his tune, which is smart IMO. Costa is a very risky fight that doesn't raise his stock THAT much given how badly Adesanya disposed of him. Makes more sense to angle for the title shot and settle if you have to.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I would go:

Cannonier v Costa
Vettori v Brunson
Hermansson v Till
Those all look good to me.

If Izzy beats Jan and goes after Jones, pick one of that group to face Whittaker for the interim belt.

If Izzy loses to Jan or the Jones fight doesn't happen, it depends on when Izzy-Jan takes place. Could either do the the Izzy-Whittaker rematch next or do Whittaker against one of those guys in a #1 contender's match.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad