GDT: UFC on ESPN: Font vs. Aldo

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I had it 50-45 Aldo. It was closer than that might suggest, but also not really that close. Clean win for Aldo.

Would love for TJ to get back and not want to sit out and do TJ-Aldo. Probably won't happen, though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also for the record there’s no way Vlismas-Martin was better than Aldo-Font, Dana out here shooting his shot

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
If Guida would have ended up getting KO'ed, a lot of people would have been saying it was a late stoppage. I think Peterson did a good job in that situation, though. Guida was covering up, scrambling, shooting for takedowns, etc. It was close obviously, but I think he was doing enough to show that he was defending himself.

At the same time, I wouldn't have complained if it was stopped because Guida is nearly 40 years old and about 10 years removed from being a relevant fighter. No need for him to unnecessary damage.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Also for the record there’s no way Vlismas-Martin was better than Aldo-Font, Dana out here shooting his shot

I didn't care for the Aldo-Font outside of the first round tbh. Although I missed the Vlismas-Martin fight, so can't comment on that.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Aldo is one of the top 5 of all time. Crazy he’s still beating up the best fighters in the world all these years later.

You know I thought Aldo was pretty much done after he looked all anorexic to make weight and then he took that vicious beating that should have been stopped. He really has got it back together and just needs to work on that cardio. It still boggles my mind he didn't throw a leg kick in the 5th round last night. The dude was dropping nearly every time. It's like Adlo takes the first couple of minutes off every round, maybe it's his cardio.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I didn't care for the Aldo-Font outside of the first round tbh. Although I missed the Vlismas-Martin fight, so can't comment on that.

I'm with you. Aldo spent so much of the fight just lying on Font doing very little.

The time they spent on the feet was good, though.

Ended up being one of the better ESPN cards of the year.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I'm with you. Aldo spent so much of the fight just lying on Font doing very little.

He spent the last 3 minutes of round 5 just laying on top of Font waiting for time to run out. The fight had some solid moments but I also didn't think overall it was amazing.

Completely agree about the card it was pretty awesome.

Reactions: Chaels Arms and m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Where've you been?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Where've you been?

I just took a break for a bit.

I'm a Canucks fan and it was at the point where I wasn't interested in discussing the team until major organizational changes were made.

What did I miss? We've got a fighter's union and everyone is getting paid? Jon Jones stay out of trouble the last few months? Conor has had a quiet rehab and has avoided any altercations outside the cage?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Seriously though, I've been around and watched every card as usual.

Okay, maybe I didn't watch all of that Ladd/Dumont card. That was rough.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I just took a break for a bit.

I'm a Canucks fan and it was at the point where I wasn't interested in discussing the team until major organizational changes were made.

What did I miss? We've got a fighter's union and everyone is getting paid? Jon Jones stay out of trouble the last few months? Conor has had a quiet rehab and has avoided any altercations outside the cage?
'Major organizational changes' like trading J.T. Miller to the Penguins :naughty:

Glad to have you back before a big PPV.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad