GDT: UFC on ESPN: Chiesa vs. Magny

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
And now Chiesa is finding out how tough the pace and grind of Magny is. Chiesa slowing down.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Weird position there at the end. Chiesa has at least 3 rounds booked, Round 3 was a bit close but looking bleak for Magny.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Time to get Chiesa someone up the rankings a bit. Thompson, Woodley, Usman/Burns loser, whoever.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Was able to get around to the final 3 fights (fortunately passed out at the start of the Roxanne fight then went to work briefly)

Ike Villanueva isn’t that good at all but he’s at least stating to look better physically. Moreira couldnt be more released from his contract if he tried

Alves looked like a savage

Chiesa is a stud and idk how on earth he ever made 155. I liked the corny wrestling callout of Colby kinda mocking Colby. He would probably give Colby a lot of problems with his style. He’s not gonna get him though, maybe if Colby loses to Masvidal he’ll get the chance

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Was able to get around to the final 3 fights (fortunately passed out at the start of the Roxanne fight then went to work briefly)

Ike Villanueva isn’t that good at all but he’s at least stating to look better physically. Moreira couldnt be more released from his contract if he tried

Alves looked like a savage

Chiesa is a stud and idk how on earth he ever made 155. I liked the corny wrestling callout of Colby kinda mocking Colby. He would probably give Colby a lot of problems with his style. He’s not gonna get him though, maybe if Colby loses to Masvidal he’ll get the chance

Yeah I'm pretty sure he called out Colby last time too. Probably not going to happen but who knows.

For those who want to catch up on these fights but are time limited, feel free to to skip the main event. It was tidy work From Chiesa but he basically just physically dominated him from top position.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah it’s really only worth watching if you get a hard on for mat control, that ain’t many tho!

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Forgot this card was on early, ended up having to work late, was lukewarm on it to begin with without Edwards-Chimaev, and now the main event ended up being boring. Not sure I'll get around to watching this one.

I'm not sure where Chiesa's ceiling is. I think he needs to be a little more active to make some noise in WW. We talked recently about inactive champs like Stipe and Khabib, but they can afford to be because everyone wants to fight you when you have the belt. Chiesa fighting once a year in less than spectacular fashion isn't making anyone want to fight him.

Reactions: m9 and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad