Lightweight bout: Mike Davis vs. Mason Jones
Bantamweight bout: Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Sergey Morozov
Women's Flyweight bout: Victoria Leonardo vs. Manon Fiorot​

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kind of a sneaky good prelim card. Akhmedov v Breese is a good fight and Ricky Simon is always fun. The fight I'm really into though is Mike Davis v Mason Jones. Jones is a legit prospect making his debut and Davis is really exciting with heavy hands.

Can't say I'm as excited about the main card, but it still should be fun. Obviously missing that main event hurts - would've been great to have Edwards/Chimaev at the top.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Villanueva vs Moreira is a puzzling fight to see on the main card. There are some exciting matchups throughout, should be one of those cards with some hidden gems.

I'm terrible at predicting both of the main event fighters. I think Magny is better in many facets of the game but Chiesa really impressed me with his domination of RDA, so I'll go with him in this one. So far he has looked Khabib-esque (a poor man's version of course) at WW, just relentless pressure. Magny will need to stay very mobile and off the fence to win this one.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Villanueva vs Moreira is a puzzling fight to see on the main card. There are some exciting matchups throughout, should be one of those cards with some hidden gems.

I'm terrible at predicting both of the main event fighters. I think Magny is better in many facets of the game but Chiesa really impressed me with his domination of RDA, so I'll go with him in this one. So far he has looked Khabib-esque (a poor man's version of course) at WW, just relentless pressure. Magny will need to stay very mobile and off the fence to win this one.

No idea why that fight is on the main card either. It could probably be the first or second fight of the night.

Just a weird lineup in general. Like, you've got Khabib's undefeated cousin buried on the undercard. Why not give him some shine on the main card? Same with Mason Jones.

I agree Chiesa will win. 4th round RNC.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Didn’t realize Dalcha is cutting down to MW

am I the only one who works in residential sales and can dick around and watch a 9 AM fight card?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Didn’t realize Dalcha is cutting down to MW

am I the only one who works in residential sales and can dick around and watch a 9 AM fight card?

6am here on the West Coast so I'm getting there. Will have to go back and watch Jones/Davis as that's one of the fights I was really into.. should have been a main card fight.

Figueiredo looked alright.. not sure if Rivera is really a UFC level fighter though.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Simon and Mudaerji both looked good.

Went back and watched the first two fights. Nice finish by Fiorot.. kind of funny seeing a fight get stopped by the ref that quickly after what we saw on the weekend. Nice finish for Umar as well.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Back to back arm triangles. Another fun fight between Breese and Akhmedov. Wolverine is turning into a decent gatekeeper

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Nice fight, Murphy keeps passing tests and looks great dealing with adversity. Can't wait to see what's next for him.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Back to back arm triangles. Another fun fight between Breese and Akhmedov. Wolverine is turning into a decent gatekeeper

Yeah, good battle. It was hard to tell if Breese was out or not there. He wasn't really doing anything to defend and didn't give a thumbs up so he might have just woken up a bit when the ref touched him.

Reactions: CDJ

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Commentary is far more confident in Schnell being ahead than I am. Could be some interesting scorecards.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Araujo looked pretty good. Doesn't take much to move into title contention in her division so maybe she gets there soon enough.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kind of a sneaky good prelim card. Akhmedov v Breese is a good fight and Ricky Simon is always fun. The fight I'm really into though is Mike Davis v Mason Jones. Jones is a legit prospect making his debut and Davis is really exciting with heavy hands.

Can't say I'm as excited about the main card, but it still should be fun. Obviously missing that main event hurts - would've been great to have Edwards/Chimaev at the top.

Just got around to Jones/Davis. Great fight between two guys that are going to be tough outs for anyone in that division.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great fight from Alves, he was so aggressive in there.

I know he wasn't the hyped guy for this fight, but I was so impressed with him on TUF Brazil years ago that I was sure he would end up being a ranked guy in the divison. Not saying he's back on track for that, but would be cool to see him put a few wins together here going forward.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Went in there and beat the shit out of him real quick like it was no big deal. Nice bounceback fight for Warlley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->