GDT: UFC on ABC: Vettori vs. Holland

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Look what everyone did. Now we get to see Holland dominated in the same way but without the talking and trolling.

Reactions: CDJ

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Thought the first round was close but Holland looks exhausted already after 2.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Look what everyone did. Now we get to see Holland dominated in the same way but without the talking and trolling.

this is exactly the point I was making

him talking has absolutely no impact on his performance one way or the other so getting on him for that in his last fight was dumb

Reactions: Avs_19

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Kevin has already shown improvements from the Brunson fight.

I dont think hes big/strong enough for 185 though unless he puts on some serious size.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kevin has already shown improvements from the Brunson fight.

I dont think hes big/strong enough for 185 though unless he puts on some serious size.

That is the main issue. He comes in at 183.5, he doesn’t cut weight. Vettori probably weighs over 200 lbs right now.

member 51464

Good on Vettori for taking a fight on short notice where he may have faced danger on the feet. But I don't know if it gets him closer to where he is trying to go.

He didn't take much damage. Anyone else without a dance partner in the top 10 that could be available fairly soon for Vettori?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This went exactly as expected. Vettori fought smart and did what he was supposed to. Do you do Vettori vs. the winner of Whittaker/Gastelum? I could also see Whittaker getting the Adesanya rematch outright if he wins next week.

Maybe moving to WW like he talked about should be next for Holland.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Said it after the Brunson fight, but Holland needs to drop to 170. If he doesn't want to do that, he needs to spend a ton of time working on his wrestling and his work from the bottom.

Not sure what to say about Vettori. He did what he had to do.

Reactions: CDJ and Avs_19

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nope. A boxing or casual fan would have blamed Vettori. @VanillaCoke correctly blamed the guy who can't wrestle and made it boring.. again.
I didn't find it boring, Vettori was constantly trying to advance and improve position, and Holland was doing some good things on the ground, hes just not nearly strong enough in the 185 division, although Holland needs to really work on his takedown defense if he wants to take 185 serious.

This wasn't like the Miller fight where they didn't do anything at all.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Getting mad at Kevin Holland for not being able to grapple with an elite fighter who is a good grappler- 3 weeks after showing that’s his weakness, no less- is like getting mad at Zac Rinaldo for not scoring 30 goals.

That’s a mess of a sentence but you get the gist

Reactions: 16Skippy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I didn't find it boring, Vettori was constantly trying to advance and improve position, and Holland was doing some good things on the ground, hes just not nearly strong enough in the 185 division, although Holland needs to really work on his takedown defense if he wants to take 185 serious.

This wasn't like the Miller fight where they didn't do anything at all.

Sure, it was better than an awful fight earlier. I think we can hold it to a higher standard than that, though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Getting mad at Kevin Holland for not being able to grapple with an elite fighter who is a good grappler- 3 weeks after showing that’s his weakness, no less- is like getting mad at Zac Rinaldo for not scoring 30 goals.

That’s a mess of a sentence but you get the gist

How many times do we need to see the same thing before we can say it's his fault? 3? 5? He took the fight and he sucked. Again. I think he's open to criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->