GDT: UFC Fight Night: Yan vs. Dvalishvili/Bellator 292: Nurmagomedov vs. Henderson

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
The engine on Dvalishvili, wow. Insanity. Daniel Cormier can f*** straight off tho

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I thought the odds should have been a lot closer but I definitely didn’t think Merab would run away with it like that.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Who knew 48 takedown attempts could be so fun? I think Merab gained a lot of fans after this performance.

It's amazing to see Yan go from having this aura of invincibility around him to being 1-4 in his last 5 (with a couple controversial ones). He's still an elite talent but there was a time where I didn't think he could ever lose.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Davey Grant’s resume is sneaky very good lately. His two losses since 2019 are a split against Yanez and a UD against Vera (in which he looked good). Has wins over Assuncao and Jonathan Martinez

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Merab just drowned him. Completely stifled Yan's striking with his pace, just like he did to Aldo. Yan's cardio actually looked incredible, too, but he just couldn't generate any offense. Can't believe Yan is on a 3 fight losing streak.

As @CDJ said, Romanov is a fraud.

Krylov-Spann was as frantic and fun and as short as expected.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly it’s amazing Yan got up as often as he did without melting. He got dominated but lesser fighters wouldn’t be able to take it for that long and aren’t seeing the cards

1-4 in his last 5. Crazy for a guy that talented.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also after that performance I think Merab is the best 135er in the world. Only person that would give him issues is Cejudo imo

He uses his shot attempts like they’re an elite jab. He doesn’t really care about the end result of the shot, he just knows he’s disrupting the opponents rhythm and stifling them

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
If they mentioned this during the broadcast I missed it, Merab broke the record for takedown attempts in one fight by 16(!!!). Previously held by Cain which is crazy in and of itself that it was a HW holding that record.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Honestly it’s amazing Yan got up as often as he did without melting. He got dominated but lesser fighters wouldn’t be able to take it for that long and aren’t seeing the cards

1-4 in his last 5. Crazy for a guy that talented.

Yeah. Out of those 4 losses, one was DQ when he was definitely winning/on the way to winning that fight. One seemed like a robbery against O'Malley. Most had him winning that one. The other title shot was also a lost split decision to Sterling, but not a robbery imo. This was the only fight where he got dominated and wasn't close.

Reactions: VanillaCoke and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad