Light Heavyweight bout: Paul Craig vs. Magomed Ankalaev
Lightweight bout: Kajan Johnson vs. Stevie Ray
Heavyweight bout: Mark Godbeer vs. Dmitriy Sosnovskiy
Lightweight bout: Nad Narimani vs. Nasrat Haqparast​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
UFC sure loves to feed Terrion Ware to the wolves.

Manuwa vs Blachowicz II, the first fight was trash, not even sure why a rematch was made.

Yeah apparently they couldn't find anyone to fight Manuwa. Shows the lack of depth at LHW.

Looking forward to the main event, but this is another one of those cards where they could've added those top couple of fights to the Cyborg PPV card and created a pretty great card. Instead we get whatever this year.

I will say - the next PPV & Fox card have great depth though top to bottom.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Volkov put Werdum to sleep in the 4th round. That's going to shake things up at the top of the division as it's now Overeem and a bunch of younger guys. Well, young for the HW division.

I only saw highlights of the other fights but there were a couple of crazy last second finishes on the card.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Lots of great finishes and two big upsets in terms of rankings at the top of the card. Werdum looked terrible.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Werdum was doing some of his usual weird Werdum stuff and it seemed like he got tired very quickly. I don't know if he didn't take Volkov seriously or not but either way, he paid for it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Werdum was doing some of his usual weird Werdum stuff and it seemed like he got tired very quickly. I don't know if he didn't take Volkov seriously or not but either way, he paid for it.

Werdum looked like any 40 year old fighters should look like: Old. Heavyweight is finally going through some sort of change of the guard.

Werdum looked old, slow and fat. He probably was winning the fight through 3 rounds still because Volkov seemed to be toying with him at times and put himself into some dumb situations. I would hope Volkov would have had a better gameplan in a 3 round fight, but who knows.

Regardless, big win for Volkov.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
A very talented Russian HW fought in this card and it's not Volkov.

Can't say im impressed with Sosnovskiy. The Hand of Godbeer is pretty bottom of the barrel competition and he struggled massively the entire fight. He looked mechanical on the feet and sacrifice throws as his source of takedowns are things i expect to work in women's MMA not men's MMA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad