GDT: UFC Fight Night: Waterson vs. Hill

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Very good fight.

Could go either way. I think Waterson was a little better in the last 3 rounds.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jon Fitch is being ragdolled, thanks Chris Tognoni you f***!

Tripled down on Patchy

wow Jon Fitch is retiring. Great career

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Gracie with a nice sub on Fitch.

Fitch retired. Great career, fought many of the best over the last decade+.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Thompson is incredibly biased about most things, try listening to his and big john's podcast.

I can't listen to it. I really don't like Big John's analysis on MMA at all. He was fine as a ref, but it just doesn't translate for me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m fine with the decision going to Archuleta but the commentary was brutal and the 49-46 judge should also be waterboarded

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That's a lot of MMA over the last 24 hours. Time to refresh to watch 15 hours of football the next two days.

Reactions: Avs_19 and CDJ

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This reporter asking Dana about Tognoni is spot on though. Tognoni obviously didn't see the low blow in real time because he waited a few seconds until after Herman collapsed onto the mat than decided to call timeout. Just a weird series of events all around.

Also, Dana talking to Michael Chandler. Supposedly trying to book Tony with someone else. Hooker?

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This reporter asking Dana about Tognoni is spot on though. Tognoni obviously didn't see the low blow in real time because he waited a few seconds until after Herman collapsed onto the mat than decided to call timeout. Just a weird series of events all around.

Also, Dana talking to Michael Chandler. Supposedly trying to book Tony with someone else. Hooker?

Hooker was my thought too. Either him or do Bronx I would imagine

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm a Waterson fan, but I thought Hill won that, 1-2-5. R5 was close, so I don't think 48-47 Waterson is wrong (no idea how you get to 49-46 for Waterson), but I thought the barrage at the end was enough to take it for Hill.

Part of me feels bad for Hill for losing these close split decisions, but on the other hand, she needs to do more. That burst at the end was only after Waterson turned it up. So she had the energy left, but it looked like she was content to just coast. She needs to sit down with Jorge Masvidal.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Still so mad online at Chris Tognoni

I hope Rodríguez challenges this with the commission. Probably wouldn’t be overturned but I’d make as much of a spectacle out of this as possible. That’s borderline criminal and I would like law enforcement to perhaps look into Chris Tognoni. Italian last name.....could be fixing fights for the mob? Only explanation I have for last night

Reactions: Lias Andersson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I hope Rodríguez challenges this with the commission. Probably wouldn’t be overturned but I’d make as much of a spectacle out of this as possible. That’s borderline criminal and I would like law enforcement to perhaps look into Chris Tognoni. Italian last name.....could be fixing fights for the mob? Only explanation I have for last night

The ref made a mistake. It happens.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

I heard on one of the MMA podcasts this morning that one of the hosts had spoken to Rodriguez' manager and was told they're going to be appealing the loss. I can't remember which pod it was though.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
When's the last time that an appeal was successful when it was due to ref error?

Mazzagatti could walk in there, kick a fighter in the nuts, give the other fighter the win, and walk out. And the commission would back his action.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->