GDT: UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Masvidal

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Agree that Reyes did not win that fight, and lol at him calling out Jon Jones. Not after that performance haha.

Also thought Leon Edwards won each round, but at least the right guy actually won that fight.

And I reckon Till would actually benefit going up a division. Kind of like Whittaker.

Beautiful knockout by Masvidal.

member 51464

I think Till is just still raw. Masvidal isn't exactly a can, and Woodley's domination of him should have already told us he wasn't an immortal.

I like watching Till fight and hope we can get back to winning ways. Not because he should have a shot at the belt anytime soon, but because I like seeing young talent do what it does best. You just have to hope his confidence isn't shot. You figure he won't be headlining anymore cards for the next few fights, at least, and sometimes the mental game is as important as the physical for the young bucks.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
There's no way Reyes won that fight, where did they get these judges?

upload_2019-3-16_19-33-13.png

And holy crap did Masvidal ever KO Till, it was a great fight up until the end and I hope Till bounces back. I don't think he's overrated, to mee he just got up the standings too quickly because the welterweight division isn't as talented as it used to be.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-16_19-32-30.png
    upload_2019-3-16_19-32-30.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 3

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was crazy. I thought Masvidal would make it competitive but I didn't expect it to go like that.

Punches thrown backstage between Edwards and Masvidal

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing that fight next.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Have to wonder if that weight cut hurts Till's ability to take a punch. Might be time for him to try a fight at 185lbs like has been discussed.

member 51464

Hmm, not quite a Paul Daley banned for life thing, but if the UFC wasn't a joke, he'd have to sit out a good long while. Exchanging words and throwing punches outside of the ring are not the same thing. What a dumbass.

Reactions: CPTN71

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hmm, not quite a Paul Daley banned for life thing, but if the UFC wasn't a joke, he'd have to sit out a good long while. Exchanging words and throwing punches outside of the ring are not the same thing. What a dumbass.

UFC acts as their own commission in England so it'll probably be a slap on the wrist if they decide to do something. I've seen suggestions for not allowing him to win $50k for performance of the night.

Reactions: member 51464

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Have to wonder if that weight cut hurts Till's ability to take a punch. Might be time for him to try a fight at 185lbs like has been discussed.

He could've weighed 300lbs, and that punch was still going to flatten him

Reactions: m9

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
UFC acts as their own commission in England so it'll probably be a slap on the wrist if they decide to do something. I've seen suggestions for not allowing him to win $50k for performance of the night.

They should give his bonus to Edwards

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
just got around to watch Reyes vs Oezdemir. scored it 30-27 Reyes. commentary was bad for this fight as everyone just ignored Reyes clean counter striking lol. thought Reyes closely but clearly won round 2 , edged the first round (landing the better strikes and nullifying Oez's grappling), dominated the 3rd round. It's not the kind of performance that'll put hype on him, but he shows some really nice subtleties to his game. Unlike everyone, i see chances for Reyes to beat Jones, particularly in the boxing department. Jones, for all his dynamic striking skills, is still somewhat bad at boxing (something very common in Jackson-Wink fighters) and Reyes has massively good boxing fundamentals for a big man.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Reyes has the style to outpoint Jones on the feet, for sure. I just think Jones tosses him on his back instead.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Reyes has the style to outpoint Jones on the feet, for sure. I just think Jones tosses him on his back instead.

On that note, while I felt like Anthony Smith had no path to victory vs Jon Jones I think Thiago Santos and Reyes both can make things very interesting on the feet vs Jones. Jones probably just takes then both down, but if they stay standing it might be interesting.

I do Santos v Jones next & Reyes v Corey Anderson to determine the next contender.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't really care about the Masvidal/Edwards thing.. two fighters got into a fight, whatever.

It sets up a good story for a future fight though. Not sure if it is good enough to headline one of those ESPN+ cards in Europe but it's a great co-main.

Reactions: td_ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad