Middleweight bout: Maki Pitolo vs. Impa Kasanganay
Women's Strawweight bout: Mallory Martin vs. Hannah Cifers
Middleweight bout: Alessio Di Chirico vs. Zak Cummings
Women's Flyweight bout: Polyana Viana vs. Emily Whitmire
Welterweight bout: Sean Brady vs. Christian Aguilera​

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Anthony Smith when he knows he’s being doubted is a motherf***er to fight. I think the Glover fight was the first one he was favored in quite some time. Back to being the dog again. Weather the storm like he did against Volkan and take Rakic’s back

I typically like experience vs youth, as long as that experience isn’t washed up. I strayed away from it with Vera and got burned

member 51464

It still blows my mind Smith is fighting again 3 and a half months after being just absolutely brutalized. Win or lose, I think it is a dumb move and he should have aimed for a bit more time off to rest the body. But what do I know.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm a big Anthony Smith fan but also would like to see some new blood at the top of 205 and Rakic is pretty interesting. Should be a good fight.

Would love to see Lawler win but that seems unlikely. This card keeps losing fights, we'll see what's left of it by Saturday.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rakic is apparently absurdly strong with what he can lift. Good striker too. Not so sure about everything else.

Def has lights out power tho, that’s for sure. Poor Jimi

Public money is coming in on Smith, he’s gone from +230/240 to +210 on Bovada. If he can get this to +175 I’ll bet on Rakic

Stoked for Ankalaev/Cutelaba. Lawler-Magny is interesting too. I think I’m probably parlaying Ankalaev/Magny

Sean Brady looks pretty good to me.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Rakic is apparently absurdly strong with what he can lift. Good striker too. Not so sure about everything else.

Def has lights out power tho, that’s for sure. Poor Jimi

Public money is coming in on Smith, he’s gone from +230/240 to +210 on Bovada. If he can get this to +175 I’ll bet on Rakic

Stoked for Ankalaev/Cutelaba. Lawler-Magny is interesting too. I think I’m probably parlaying Ankalaev/Magny

Sean Brady looks pretty good to me.

That's crazy that Smith is such an underdog, I thought he would be favored for this fight. Those seem like great odds, especially in a 3 round fight that will probably be pretty tight.

I wish I could bet on Lawler. Magny can pretty much employ a similar gameplan that Colby did vs Lawler though, and just overwhelm Lawler with a high output. I expect lots of jabs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's crazy that Smith is such an underdog, I thought he would be favored for this fight. Those seem like great odds, especially in a 3 round fight that will probably be pretty tight.

I wish I could bet on Lawler. Magny can pretty much employ a similar gameplan that Colby did vs Lawler though, and just overwhelm Lawler with a high output. I expect lots of jabs.

my exact thoughts on both

I think Magny is just gonna spam with light strikes Lawler and outcardio him. The Neil Magny way. I don’t hate it tbh. He’s looked good since coming back.

I would love to see Lawler KO him though. Wouldn’t even care about losing the bet

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Apparently Caceres is back on the card against Austin Springer. Springer missed weight by 6 pounds. I know he’s a late replacement but that’s closer to lightweight than featherweight lol

Hannah Cifers missed by 2

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
OK card. Kind of weak for big ESPN, but could produce some good fights.

Main event is a tough one to call. Smith is hard to get a read on and I don't know much about Rakic. I definitely missed Rakic's last fight against Volkan because it was in Korea and on at a goofy time. I'd take Smith just for the odds. Really no idea though.

I'm always game to watch Lawler fight, but don't love his chances in this one.

Has Ankalaev vs. Cuțelaba been postponed yet?

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
OK card. Kind of weak for big ESPN, but could produce some good fights.

Main event is a tough one to call. Smith is hard to get a read on and I don't know much about Rakic. I definitely missed Rakic's last fight against Volkan because it was in Korea and on at a goofy time. I'd take Smith just for the odds. Really no idea though.

I'm always game to watch Lawler fight, but don't love his chances in this one.

Has Ankalaev vs. Cuțelaba been postponed yet?

I'm pretty sure the card is on ESPN+, at least for those in USA, but should be a fun night of fights.

Rakic losing that decision to Volkan to me certainly leaves some doubt about his power and output. I have a hard time picking Rakic especially as the favorite here considering his best win was against a now retired Manuwa.

The fact that its a 3 round fight and not 5 is interesting but I like the vet Smith here. Not sure he'll get back to the belt shot with guys like Prochazka looming but I like his chances here.

Ankalaev VS Cutelaba to me is more interesting and competitive than the odds show, but I'm expecting a quick finish either way.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm pretty sure the card is on ESPN+, at least for those in USA, but should be a fun night of fights.

Rakic losing that decision to Volkan to me certainly leaves some doubt about his power and output. I have a hard time picking Rakic especially as the favorite here considering his best win was against a now retired Manuwa.

The fact that its a 3 round fight and not 5 is interesting but I like the vet Smith here. Not sure he'll get back to the belt shot with guys like Prochazka looming but I like his chances here.

Ankalaev VS Cutelaba to me is more interesting and competitive than the odds show, but I'm expecting a quick finish either way.
I was basing that off of @Avs_19 original post. So if it's wrong, I blame him :P

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was rewatching Cutelaba/Ankalaev and Cutelaba honestly wasn’t getting as lit up as I thought he was

I knew he was rope-a-doping because it was borderline cartoonish but I had also thought he was eating some of those head kicks. He really wasn’t

He’s gonna come forward, I’ll guarantee that much. I think Ankalaev will pick him apart though. Odds should be a lot closer tho

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It’s a pretty good main card tonight. I think every fight except the Lamas one has some interesting component.

The main event being three rounds increases Smith’s chances. I’m still going to go with Rakic because he’s good and I feel Smith is coming back too soon but it’ll probably be close. Smith is also a solid grappler so I could see him winning the two rounds he needs that way as well.

I was basing that off of @Avs_19 original post. So if it's wrong, I blame him :P

They listed both ESPN and ESPN+ but it looks like the prelims are on both and the main card is only on ESPN+.

I’m just glad we get everything on one of the five TSN channels here in Canada so I don’t have to worry about streaming or even changing the channel.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
They have to be trolling us and just trying to take away the most cursed matchup in MMA away from Khabib-Tony.

member 51464

Am I crazy or did Aguilera pretend he was unconscious before he was rather than just tap? The view from above made me VERY suspicious.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just got in from the last sales presentation of the day and saw that Brady guillotine

my goodness that was awesome. What a squeeze

saw him in Boston against Court McGee, kid is legit. Was an effortless decision against a tested vet

dss97

Aug 30, 2010

Of course lol. I just looked at the wiki page for the event thinking this fight was starting soon only to see it was gone, I wanted to watch this more than any fight on this card.

Reactions: h2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Beauty of a headkick at the bell.

a decision with an exclamation point

Could’ve been a KO judging by how Di Chirico couldn’t really stand up, was a judgement call though and I don’t really disagree with it

Had money on Cummings so I’m happy. He’s not spectacular but solid and sturdy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->