GDT: UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Gane

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All Gane. Not a very good fight but I mostly blame Rozenstruik for that. Gane fought smart, landed his shots, and avoided the power. Maybe he should've been more aggressive but I still think that was a good performance by him.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
What a horrible fight. Dana needed a Rogan/DC team to dress that up a little, Bisping/Felder correctly crapped on it for 25 minutes.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Easy win for Gane but that was tough to watch. Respected the power obviously but could've taken some chances. But it's more on Jairzinho for being clearly behind and having no urgency at all, I'd say. It's a shame because Gane showed all the tools just brought no killer instinct to the table, and it might have cost him a bit in terms of a big opportunity next. That said, there can't be more than 2 or 3 HW's that would pose a serious threat to him at this point.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Gane grew up in the US he’d be a basketball player, so nimble for a guy that size. Maybe a tight end in football

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Was going to post last night, but fell asleep.

Just kidding, but I'm glad it was an 8 EST main card. Besides Munhoz-Rivera, boring fights. I would have been upset if I stayed up until 1am for that shit.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Nothing much, just said this level of fighting isn't gonna fly now that he's at HW. But it was still better than this fight.

"These boys better get used to pushing the pace, all this standing around ain’t gonna fly when daddy comes home. #ufcvegas20"

I hope Stipe humbles him. Stipe is about a million times more likeable than Jon Jones.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I really don't think all the heat Gane is getting is warranted. He actually came to fight, fought to his strengths, and fought well. Why is it on him to get aggressive (and careless) when what he's doing is working and Rozenstruik refuses to push the pace? Shouldn't that be on the guy who is clearly losing? It's not against just anyone either, it's an opponent who can finish the fight with one punch and has never been finished before in MMA. Ask Overeem how that worked out for him. Sure, he could've been more aggressive and entertaining but he stuck to his gameplan.

Reactions: I am not exposed

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I have no issue with how Gane fought. The onus is entirely on the guy who's clearly losing. You're still green, you're in there with a guy that can put the lights out in the blink of an eye, and you essentially cruise to a 50-45. All-in-all that's a productive night.

Given the lack of contenders at HW right now it's not like 155 where you have to put on a show to be considered for a title shot. He's realistically only one fight away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad