GDT: UFC Fight Night: Rothwell vs. Dos Santos

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Jesus Christ. That's a KO against every other fighter on the UFC roster.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
This is the best JDS we've seen since Cain stole his soul in JDS/Cain 2. He looks very sharp and those body shots are adding up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
JDS is moving really well and using all of his weapons. He's also not just standing against the cage like in some previous fights. Any time he touches the cage, he gets out of there right away.

I'd give every round to JDS so far.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Good god Rothwell won't feel too well tomorrow morning. That's some serious punishement , both the the body and the head.

Dude is truly like his entrance. Some undead B movie villain who can take incredible amount of damage before going down.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's the best JDS has looked in a long time. Nice to see him make some adjustments after those recent beatings.

Rothwell couldn't match that speed and output.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
When's the last time JDS' face was so clean after a fight?

Overeem is probably a very happy man today. Rothwell gets knocked off and he has beaten Werdum before. He just has to get by Arlovski and then the title shot is likely his.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Wonder what's next for JDS ? The Black Beast ? Would make sense as both guys won tonight , Lewis says he want a challenge and as of now JDS still need a couple of wins before getting back into the title picture.

Would be entertaining for sure

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wonder what's next for JDS ? The Black Beast ? Would make sense as both guys won tonight , Lewis says he want a challenge and as of now JDS still need a couple of wins before getting back into the title picture.

I think Lewis vs. Roy Nelson is going to happen next. Both guys want that fight and have been talking about it for some time now.

JDS is a bit of a weird spot because of the guys currently ahead of him. No one really stands out to me as the obvious next fight for him. It doesn't help that he has lost to two of the guys involved in big HW fights coming up (Cain and Overeem). Maybe Arlovski or Browne, even if they're coming off a loss?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I went in the end and it was fun. Highlight of the night being when the night being when the whole auditorium chanted Ci-Ga-No. It felt like the event was in Rio, and not in Zagreb. I'm sure UFC will return sometime in the future, hopefully with Miočić on the card. That would be huge.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt

Lewis is a bad mother****er, but he's not ready for that guy. Lewis doesn't have the wrestling to take him down and doesn't have the crispness in his striking to stand with Cigano. That would be lopsided.

I went in the end and it was fun. Highlight of the night being when the night being when the whole auditorium chanted Ci-Ga-No. It felt like the event was in Rio, and not in Zagreb. I'm sure UFC will return sometime in the future, hopefully with Miočić on the card. That would be huge.
Glad you enjoyed it :handclap: If the UFC comes back in the future, I'd try to be there. Zagreb, Dubrovnik and Split are three of my favorite cities :)

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
JDS/Hunt 2.

At 198 in Brazil? Dos Santos said he wanted to fight 2 maybe 3 more times this year and Hunt just signed that huge new contract which I'm sure he wants to kick off sooner rather than later. Dos Santos looked like he could've went another 3 rounds after his last fight anyways :laugh:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Lewis is a bad mother****er, but he's not ready for that guy. Lewis doesn't have the wrestling to take him down and doesn't have the crispness in his striking to stand with Cigano. That would be lopsided.

Glad you enjoyed it :handclap: If the UFC comes back in the future, I'd try to be there. Zagreb, Dubrovnik and Split are three of my favorite cities :)

Well, if you ever end up in Zagreb again drop me a PM if you want to grab a beer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad