GDT: UFC Fight Night: Pavlovich vs. Blaydes/Bellator 294: Carmouche vs. Bennett 2/Bellator 295: Stots vs. Mix

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Didn't like the Tavares stoppage, but I don't think the result would have changed. Just a couple seconds earlier.

But yeah, Felder was nuts on Green/Gordon. Be a pro, man.. and I like Felder.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was fun. You could tell someone was getting slept in the first round with how they were trading.

Pretty lousy game plan by Blaydes.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Blayes did not look good in that one. I dont think Pavlovich has the skills to hang with Jones, but he's basically at the top now. Hard to deny a title shot, unless you put him again Cyril or Aspinall.

Utter dominance aside from his debut. Good for Pavlovich.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pavlovich did his thing in there. His jabs are so strong and his hand speed is elite.

Just going to say it - awful performance by Blaydes. Had to at least fake the takedown earlier. Looked a bit soft in there and is basically cemented as a wrestling-based elite gatekeeper for now.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pav was patient as I thought he needed to be, but why was Blaydes not shooting? You shoot, get stuffed, and then get KO'ed? Alright, he's the better fighter, but to only give 1 half assed shot when you're hurt against that guy is not smart.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pavlovich is 30 years old at heavyweight which puts him pretty much in line with where Ngannou was before he got his first title shot vs Miocic. Very similar paths.. Pavlovich might be even more impressive at the same stage.

Reactions: pistolpete11

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pavlovich did his thing in there. His jabs are so strong and his hand speed is elite.

Just going to say it - awful performance by Blaydes. Had to at least fake the takedown earlier. Looked a bit soft in there and is basically cemented as a wrestling-based elite gatekeeper for now.
Thought he looked pretty bad physically too, I feel like he’s usually in better shape

Terrible game plan

Reactions: m9

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Only thing I can think of with Blaydes is maybe he's still gun shy after the Lewis KO while shooting?? I'm pretty sure he didn't shoot at all in the Daukaus fight he stood and swung with him and I honestly don't even remember the Rozenstruik fight so I could be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad